Should We Use 'the Final Addresses' Or 'the Written Addresses' When We Share Links Here?

Discussion in Suggestions & Feedback started by mythman • Feb 5, 2015.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    You know what I mean; the ads give you short links like "Pizzahut.com/hutlovers/" which takes yoou to a page with the 'final address' "

"

Which link ought we use when we're sharing the link here?

2. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if it matters, but I like hyperlinking text, personally. A big long hyperlink with all its numbers and letters is distracting and takes up tons of space, plus, it often looks spammy. If there's something I want to direct a reader to, I think it is appropriate and courteous to give a description and hyperlink the text, though, I suppose that can also be a way to hide nasty links.

I don't know. What do others think?

3. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I think they both look the same to a 'spider' (the search-engines' program that goes & scans the webpages to know whether they fit what searchers look for).

And "hyperlinking" is 'using web-code (or the posting-programs) to highlight visible text & connect it to the address of another page.' The second time you used 'hyperlink,' I think you were talking about a 'web-address' (like '

I was asking if it would be better to use the real-life advertising's web-address (something like "

, " which redirects to '

' AND CHANGES THE ADDRESS-BAR TEXT TO THAT) as the address we hyperlink-to when we share good deals we find online.