Slap Chop!

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by rymick • Apr 18, 2012.

1. rymick

rymickNew Member

Threads:
    Just as a disclaimer I never buy or trust any TV items, so I am a very hard sell. My husband, however will stroll in with an as see on TV product every once in a while and Slap Chop is something he brought home one day.

I LOVE IT! I use it to chop garlic, onions, nuts, fruits, veggies. I've had it well over a year and it has not dulled. It is not hard to clean, I just take it part and pop it in the dishwasher.
    It's not very bulky so it stores easily.

Two things to keep in mind....

`My mother in law tried a generic version and it was not the same- did not work well at all.
    `My husband tried to chop ice in the Slap Chop and it ruined the blades. We wound up having to buy a replacement that he is not allowed to experiement with!

2. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    Thank you for posting this! I hate chopping things by hand and am always looking for something to make cooking a little easier. I might have to look into this! Thank you also for referencing the ice incident - my husband likes to try new things with our appliances all the time and it drives me crazy when he does something and it ends up wrecking the appliance! It must be a guy thing, lol! I might have to ask for this for Mother's Day!

3. luvsdragonflies

luvsdragonfliesNew Member

Threads:
    We have something like this we got from pampered chef like 5 yrs ago and I can't/wont live without it. I can easily make salsa without having to get a knife out ever. I love that it is easy to clean just pop out the bottom so, the blades can get washed and they haven't dulled yet..

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    My daughter used to joke around about the Slap Chop so when she moved away to college I got her one as kind of a gag gift. She absolutely loves it and uses it all the time. It was the best gift I could have given her for cooking!

5. rymick

rymickNew Member

Threads:
    I know just how your daughter felt. It is comical to me how I have an aversion to ASOTV products in general but many times they turn out to be invaluable! I am going to add this to my Mother's Day gifts this year. Like me, my mother would never get it for herself and it will replace the generic one my mother in law bought that left her disappointed.
    It really take so much of the work out of cooking, and I need all the help I can get!

6. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Thank you so much for the review! My mom wanted me to get her a generic version of this item for her but now I know I really shouldn't. One question though, didn't their ads say you could chop ice with them? Why would they bring that up if you really can't do it? o_o

7. Hickorycottage

HickorycottageMember

Threads:
    I have a slap chop. It's really easy and fun to use. I like to chop onions in mine. I also got a cheese grater with it. It's great too. I must warn you, the slap chop is pretty loud, so no slap chopping while baby's sleeping.

8. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    [video=youtube;UWRyj5cHIQA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWRyj5cHIQA[/video]

LOL, You all had me intrigued so I had to look this up.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The autotuned Slap Chop commercial is hilarious. The music makes it 30% cooler. The demonstrations are so neat. It would be nice if you could actually make salads that fast.