Slippers For Home Use

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by DrRipley • Jan 19, 2015.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I have always just used the thong type slippers or to some it might be more well known as flip flops, but I have interchanged between those and the types that don't separate your big toe from the rest. I'm now inking about getting something more comfortable or even cute by buying some fuzzy slippers with a cushioned surface but I probably will still keep some regular ones around just for when I have to go out somewhere nearby and don't feel like putting on shoes.

What types of slippers do you use at home? Do you also use it for outside The House or do you prefer to just use it indoors so you don't bring in the dirt from outside? Do you have a favorite brand?

2. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    Foamy slippers are the best for home use, especially if you are using a carpet. The best ones that I bought so far are my memory slippers. It's just really so soft and it's good to use when your feet is already very tired the whole day and you would like to relax it a bit at night. These memory slippers are not really that expensive and they last for a long time.

I don't like using rubber slippers at home because it makes my ankle crack. Also, it makes me feel like I'm in the beach.

3. emily0531

emily0531Member

Threads:
    In the summer, I wear flip-flops as slippers. In the winter I like something warmer, and I'm usually wearing socks, so flip-flops don't work. I buy the clogs that are lined with fur. They are easy to slip on and off. They're also comfortable and can work as slippers or regular shoes.

4. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I have a pair of Adidas slippers that i wear around the house. The furthest I would go in them is to check the mailbox downstairs from my apartment. Any other time, I'm most likely going to put on some sneakers or shoes.

5. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    I wear 'slipper socks', or basically warm fuzzy socks that would be too thick to wear under shoes but are just perfect to putter around the house in. I can't imagine wearing flip flops as slippers but that's probably because I wear mine outside and so they'd just be too dirty to be running around the house in.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also use a designated pair of slippers, usually thong style or the ones that cover your whole toe fingers for home use, and I just use a pair of sandals for outside use. I don't like using shoes as much as possible, I feel that it's stifling my feet.

7. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I take them from hotels and use them around the house. I have a few pairs from my travels, some are open toed and others aren't. Other than that I like slipper socks as they are easy to hop into bed with and to wash.

8. James Balogh

James BaloghNew Member

Threads:
    House slippers are the perfect summer companions for your feet. They proffer the luxurious comfort and your feet can feel the breeze. In winters, my feet stay snugged in clogs. They prevent the frozen feet and augment the body posture, thus eliminating the odds of developing the backpain.

9. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I may look like a cheapskate (pardon me if that is the correct term) but what I use for slippers inside the house are those cloth slippers provided by hotels. Since we travel a lot and we always stay in hotels so I have a wide array of hotel slippers. Yes, I have been collecting all those freebie slippers particularly from 5-star hotels abroad. Some of my friends even ask me for it because they say that it's tender to the feet

10. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also prefer 'thong type' ones, but haven't had slippers in the true sense of the word for ages. I tend to wear my crocs indoors. I have two pairs, one for indoors and the other for outdoors. I know some people hate them and think they look ugly, but you can't dispute the fact that they are very comfy as well as durable! They're also very easy to clean, no matter how grimy they get! I will be looking for a pair of nice summery ones that are more like cotton socks than those warm fluffy ones.

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wear sock like slippers that are soft and fuzzy around the House during the winter to keep my feet warm. Most of the time during the summer I am bare foot I do wear flip flop when I go outside.

12. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I usually just get mine from Walmart. But I need to look elsewhere because they're often too hard on the bottom and don't last very long. Not a comfortable hard. But I don't like the flip flop lond. I want my feet covered so they're warm and comfortable.

13. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love rubber flip flops that I got at Walmart for just .98! I have a pair for outside and inside since they are so cheap! They are easy to take care of just wash if something spills on it. If it breaks I just get another pair for just .98 at Walmart! My Mother though loves the soft & plushy comfy home slippers and she won't ever wear rubber flip flops anywhere!

14. Grace Simmons

Grace SimmonsNew Member

Threads:
    I use flip flops because they are really comfortable for me when I am at home.

15. sunnyside

sunnysideActive Member

Threads:
    I wear flip flops around the house all the time. I would wear them outside the house also, like in the garden, or for just going for short walks up and down my gap. I would also wear them to the beach. I hardly go out anywhere in flip flops though, although I see some people wearing them at the supermarket or at the shopping mall. I tend to regard flip flops as home wear.

16. Cassie Lyons

Cassie LyonsMember

Threads:
    I wear slipper boots in the house. Ugg type on the bottom and faux fur top half with a bit of knit. They are super comfy and my feet always freeze.

17. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    We always wear those plastic foamy ones because they are good for summer and winter.
    They have become quite popular over here in Germany.

18. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I've tried slippers many times and I could never get used to them, whether it was as a child or as an adult, instead I am much more happy using flip-flops around the house. I find them so much more comfortable.

19. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I am so sure that this will be really a nice thing to try.