Soda Stream

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Isabellas2007 • May 28, 2012.

1. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I seen this item in the store recently and was curious what kind of use people have had with this. To me it looks a little cheap with some bottles to inject the water with CO2. Then pour in some syrup to make the drink. Is this what others have experienced or am I totally off base?

2. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I have only seen it on television in an ad, and I wondered about it.I would guess you would need replacement bottles after they run out? I would like to know about the use and quality of it as well.

3. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I saw one and got to use it at Bed, Bath, and Beyond but I can't imagine it being worth it. It felt a little sturdy, but still very plastic-y and the soda was okay. I can buy a Coke at Walmart for less than a buck so this is a lot of effort for little to no savings.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can make your own Italian sodas without a Sodastream. Just buy some of the Monin or Turani flavored syrups sold in the coffee section of grocery stores and mix some flavored syrup with fizzy water. The Sodastream doesn't seem worth it because you have to buy syrups, bottles, and gas canisters.
    I prefer buying appliances that you only pay for once and have no ongoing costs.

5. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    I want to like this product, but there seems to be little room for customization. I want to make my own syrup and not use the stuff that the manufacturer endorses.