Solar Power?

Discussion in Utilities started by joshc428 • Sep 6, 2015.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a friend who went to India last year and he related to me of one town (sorry, I did not catch the name) that subsists on solar power. Maybe because the town is situated in a remote area and far from the main power grid. However, the electricity produced by the solar panels are good only for lighting and a little appliance like electric fan. That is already a vast improvement than not having power at all.

Such type of power would make us inconvenient because here in the city, we are used to having full power from the electricity provider. I know that solar panel cannot run an air conditioner and that is already a big issue in tropical countries like the Philippines.

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    We have unlimited source of solar energy in form of sun shining almost 10 months or more in a year so I appreciate the way our present government is trying to take its advantage. In fact the government is offering subsidy on installation of solar power generation units in homes and also offering to buy extra production at market rates from individuals should encourage many to install and help reduce the power shortage.

3. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I live in a city and all of my appliances including the PC I am using right now is powered by a solar panel. There are solar panels powerful enough to give energy to a whole building. It is 5 years worth of my earnings to though before I get to afford my full Solar panel system. All I needed now is an electric car and I have complete financial freedom from the oil industry.