Solution For Dog Shedding.

Discussion in Pets started by iamawriter • Jul 29, 2017.

1. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    coatpreiti.

Our pet dog Preiti is shedding. I have tried every possible thing to improve the situation but it has not yielded any results. Are there any supplements or natural foods that can solve the problem? In all other respects she is healthy.

2. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    Awww the poor baby. I am not sure of what will help with her situation. Does she scratch at it? Maybe she is having issues with dry skin and this is causing her hair to fall out like that. Sometimes adding an oil to their dry food can help or eggs which are good for their coats. Maybe consulting a vet would help give you some more ideas. I hope you can find a solution for her.

3. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    @morgoodie@morgoodie There is so much we do for her, that includes supplements, brushing,bathing and what have you. I am forever searching. I only hope it has nothing to do with thyroid which means I will have to get her blood tested which is quite complicated.

#3Jul 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2017
  4. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    My dog Tao went through this when he was a couple of years old. He lost all the fur on one side of his torso. When it grew back it was a different colour! My puppy Carl went through this too. He was a lot younger though. He was only a few months old and was having a flea treatment put on his fur once a month. I read that some dogs can be allergic to flea treatments so I stopped him having it. It took a couple of months but it cleared up completely.

I would suggest using something gentle like Tea tree oil. Rub a bit on your palms and rub it over your dog. Sometimes it could be nothing other than a change of coat but it is always worth keeping an eye on. Watch your dog to see if they are scratching at all and have a close look at the area to see if it is red or inflamed. If it is it may be a parasite on the skin and the vet will give him something to kill off the parasite.

5. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    @janemariesayed@janemariesayed She does scratch herself which I expect is common among dogs but not to the extent that she hurts herself. I have ordered for a supplement that helps hair development. This supplement has omega 3 and 6
    I am not sure if we get tea tree oil here. Thanks for the suggestion.

#5Aug 2, 2017
  6. janemariesayed

Threads:
    @iamawriter@iamawriter If she is scratching and it looks inflamed, I would take her to the vet. It may be a parasite so you will need a special cream to kill it off. It may even need an injection or pills. A friend of mine had a dog who had a skin complaint and was on steroids all her life so it is worth getting checked out.

#6Aug 2, 2017
  7. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    @janemariesayed@janemariesayed Thanks for your concern.She has no inflammation. It is just that she is shedding and I suppose this shedding process results in some itch here and there. She is brushed and bathed regularly. I am trying out Furglow syrup which should improve her skin. At the moment I am giving her Top-10 tablets.

#7Aug 3, 2017
  8. janemariesayed

Threads:
    I've not heard of Furglow syrup or Top- 10 tablets. What are the ingredients and how do they work? My puppy doesn't have the problem anymore so I am wondering if it was not just puppy fur that he was losing.

9. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    @janemariesayed@janemariesayed Furglow's main ingredients are Omega 3 and 6 and also has other vitamins. I have just received the item and will start after I finish with Top 10 which has nutrients that help maintain g good health

This link gives all the details

#9Aug 4, 2017
  10. janemariesayed

Threads:
    These look really good, I wonder how much they are? My two get a glucosamine supplement but that is all. I'm going to look into this a bit more and see if it may be a good idea to give mine this supplement.

11. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Thre are some supplements but only your vet can recommend some.How old is your dog? The age may be a serious problem and may cause the shedding. If the age is not too high you should take your dog to a vet and he will recommend you a treatment!

12. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    We have a vet for our dog and everything is done in consultation with him. I look for supplements and then check with him before trying it out. He had recommended Vel Cote syrup which we gave for a long long time. We have stopped that now.

13. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    This reminds me of the days when I would walk around the house with the upside down duct tape hands. It worked, but man was it tiresome and really not necessary.