Some traveling tips to save money

Discussion in Travel started by eagletal88 • Jan 17, 2015.

1. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I'm going to Mexico in a couple of days and have opted to only take two carry one rather than pay to have my stuff delivered. Most of my attire is bikinis anyway so I assume I will have enough room in my carry on to bring home gifts.

2. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Maxico offers plenty of mesmerizing spots. If you are a history lover then I'll suggest you to must take a visit of Museum of Steel. Where you could enjoy some of unique collection.

3. jfab

jfabNew Member

Threads:
    One thing I learned from traveling is that you should be ready to not sleep in hotels and do it like a real backpacker in order to save you some cash. This always works for me.

4. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    yap agreed with you jfab...!! It seems to me that you had great interest in traveling and you are one from the adventure lovers as well as i am. I believe that for making any tour most pleasant and remarkable one, tourists must be tension free and should be double active then normal routine days.

5. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    I you are able to do so, bring some food with you instead of buying overpriced snacks in stations etc. Cookies and chocolate candies is what I always take with me when travelling.

6. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah i agreed with you shother...!! Some of famous places are really very costly, specially for food. If a tourists having low budget then he must follow this instruction. But one the other way i would say different destinations or countries having their special food varieties, So we must taste them at once:)

7. jackob

jackobNew Member

Threads:

, Thanks for sharing the tips how to save money, I really liked it and glad that you have shared this, with all of us. I am sure that your shared post will be prove helpful for the travelers like me, and i will love to know more from you.

8. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah i agreed with you eagletal88...!! All members shared really sufficient information here and me very glad to know that you found them useful for you. So we also want to hear some of helpful tips from your side as well. I am sure you will:)

9. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHomeActive Member

Threads:
    What about some traveling tips for shorter road trips instead of flights? Ways to save money when taking a weekend getaway?
    We are going about 4 hours away to the Georgia coastline next weekend (a holiday weekend at that) to a very much "tourist trap" area.

10. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHomeActive Member

Threads:
    So, we thought about what we might end up buying once we got down there based on previous trips and decided to hit the Dollar Tree for that stuff tonight. The price of sunglasses, sand pails and sand toys, straw hats, flip flops, beach bags, antibacterial hand wipes and even medicines can be hiked so high at the souvenier shops and all the convenience stores in the tourist trap areas so we stocked up at home and spent only 12 bucks versus what could have been upwards of 60.

11. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    My tip is to make sure you buy all of your passes and such in advance. I went to an aquarium one day and because I bought my pass early it saved my close to 10 bucks on the pass. I noticed the same thing with the various museums and amusement parks as well.

12. seatones

seatonesNew Member

Threads:
    Grocery stores over eating out when at all possible! This should be obvious but so many people that I travel with prefer eating out at all possible times, which really isn't sustainable for very long. You don't do it at home so why does it make sense to do it on the road? Obviously sometimes it makes sense to grab some quick food, but it's way cheaper to go get some carrots/hummus or some trail mix for the car ride. Not having a kitchen can be a big deterrent for a lot of people but there are so many things that can be made and eaten without a kitchen.

13. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    If you want to save money in traveling, book your ticket early, it's cheaper. Another thing is plan your vacation, search about the place, how to get there, the good place to eat, have a map with you. I usally book the hotel online. It is cheaper compare if you walk in.

14. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    I agreed with you kitkat0124...! Online hotel booking is an easier and we could select one easily that suits our budget. But if you are going there with family and wanna make a budgeted tour then must take a rental apartment. It will let you enjoy a tour as local and will give you a big relief of money. But booked some online.

15. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Except for our first trip abroad when we got a tour package from a travel agency, now we always look for promo tickets of the local airlines. There is one airline here that sells plane tickets at 1 peso for any destination. But it is on rare occasions only so we are always on the lookout for that promo. Later this year, we have a trip to Singapore and Hongkong, both on promo plane tickets.

16. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    You should definitely always book your tickets directly rather than going through any third party, because they will always charge you a fee for their service, which is just a waste of money when it is something that you could do on your own. I always say that you should be very careful about where you buy your currency, too. It can be tempting to just go to the nearest place that does an exchange, however if you do this you might find that you don't get the best deal, so you would be much better off going somewhere else even if it takes you a little bit longer to get there. It is more than worth it if you get the best deal.

17. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    This is something really having such a good and most appealing time.

18. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah I agree!! Third party will always charge you a fee of their service but they do have special offers and they get special details for the places. Although they are having their service fee but still they are experienced, reliable and life saving.

19. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    Although traveling is my passion and i love to explore different regions but yes sometimes it is very much expensive. But luckily there are many hacks to save money a bit, such as, Don't book at luxurious hotel, stay like locals
    East like locals
    Shop like locals