Split Ender

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by amy005 • Aug 5, 2012.

1. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    This isn't really being advertised on tv any more from what I know, but I recently came across one again. I tryed ordering one off of eBay a few years ago, but it turned out to be a counterfeit. So I am wondering if anyone has used the real version and if it worked for them? They cost about 59.99 which seems crazy to me.. but I really think I may want to try one again. Especially now as a mother. I pretty much hate to get my hair cut cause it never looks the way I want it to at first. It ends up looking like crap after a couple months though because of split ends.. using a split ender, which is supposed to only get rid of the split ends rather then the length, seems to be a great alternative. I watched some youtube videos and it seems like others like it, but who knows if they are paid to make those videos.

2. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of this product but am intrigued because I suffer from the same problem. Is it a hair product you apply to your hair? Or is split ender a tool you use for the ends? How quick are you supposed to see results?

3. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    You see results immediately after using it from what it sounds like. You glide it through your hair and then empty out the split ends when you are done using it. You can go here if you want to find more about it..

4. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of this product either, but sounds interesting. However, I'm not sure it is completely necessary. I keep my hair at quite a long length and I just use trimming scissors just to cut off the split ends. I also make sure I do treatments and conditioning masks often. I don't even go to hair salons at all anymore.

5. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I have never seem this before. Now I am curious to see if it really works. It looks like it comes from one of those hit or miss companies. Definitely looks like it would be hard to get a refund if it is useless. I wonder why I haven't seen it before. I guess they only concentrated on certain markets, and mine wasn't one of them. Anyone have any luck with this thing?

6. savergrl

savergrlMember

Threads:
    I had one about 8 years ago. Late night infomercials got me sucked in!!! You brush your hair really well then you clamp on to your hair and slide small sections through the comb part with the device running. There's a cutting blade inside that spins quickly and would cut off about 1/8" off any hair if it poked into the cutting area. I did notice my hair looked a little healthier and it allowed me to grow my hair out nicely without the ends looking ratty. Major con to it is the clean out! You really have to be diligent about cleaning the cut hair out of the split ender after every use. If you don't the hair can be compacted around the cutting blade and it wont work as well.

7. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Never heard of this product before, but savergrl's post was very informative. If maintenance and clean-up are problems with the product, I might as well just use plain scissors to trim the split ends away. In any case, I get a trim at the salon every 6-8 weeks, which takes care of dry and split ends.

8. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I would just use a scissors but my hair is layered which makes it a bit harder to just get the split ends, and seems like it would take extra time.. my split ends seem to be everywhere which is why I am considering this product... it is weird that it no longer is being advertised on TV since it was advertised quite frequently a few years ago... maybe that means enough people are buying it cause it does work?

9. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    Sounds like a band name. "Ladies and Gentlemen....THE SPLIT ENDERS!"

I did have a girlfriend with really long hair who swore by this thing. I would have no idea how to tell if it worked right or not, beauce I didn't know how it worked, but the lady I was dating loved it.

10. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I would be terrified that it would malfunction and totally screw up my hair. I hate to spend the money, but I always preferred to just go to a professional when I needed a trim on my long hair. You just never really know what you're going to get with a product like this. I'd hate to learn the lesson the hard way.

11. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    That is a good point Mrs. Rogers. Although according to all the you tube videos I have watched it always seemed to work pretty good. I will probably have to research this product a lot more before deciding to spend over 60 dollars on it!

12. pk86

pk86New Member

Threads:
    I have one, I've had it for about two years now after discovering it on YouTube through reviews. My hair is different lengths but it makes sure to get even the shorter pieces and areas in the back I would miss just using scissors. What I really like is that it only cuts off a VERY short amount of hair so you don't even notice a difference in length. My hair feels smoother after using it. Cons: Pricey and it takes a long time to do because you have to use small sections which takes forever with my thick hair. I used to do the "search and destroy" method of attacking split ends which also required a lot of time but I was probably missing a ton since I was just relying on what I could see.

I'm actually due for another round with the thing but I've been feeling lazy, lol. :p

13. Jeremy Green

Jeremy GreenMember

Threads:
    My girlfriend recently purchase this for me about a week ago, and I can honestly say that it works great. I have never had a problem with it, and it rarely ever breaks down.

14. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    Me too! I have never even heard of this though and might look into it more, thanks for posting!

15. kayhill

kayhillNew Member

Threads:
    I'm curious about the Split Ender too. I went to the salon a few weeks ago and my stylist began to see all of these "imaginary" split ends in my hair. A trim ended up being almost 3 inches cut off. I know a few people have said the Split Ender worked for them but that you have to part your hair in tiny sections for it to be effective. The most I have heard it trimming off was 1/8 of an inch. It is definitely on my wishlist:).