Start a Piggy Bank for extra Holiday Shopping money

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Zyni • Sep 28, 2014.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Start yourself a piggy bank and start saving your change. You'll be surprised how quickly change can add up. You have to consistently add to it, so clean our your change purse or pockets daily. It's never too late to get started. Christmas is already sneaking up on us this year, but if you start now, by next Christmas you'll have a nice chunk of change.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, it still early enough for someone to save some good cash before Christmas. Though I had no intention of buying anyone a gift at Christmas time [I normally buy my gifts earlier in the year] should I save all coins I get as change between now and then [Christmas] I could save enough to get someone a surprise gift.

Great tip!

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It can be a little trickier to do these days, since a lot of people pay with a card, shop online, and stuff like that. I used to be able to save even more change, but I too like the convenience of using a bank card. I even know people who never have cash on them, but I try to at least keep a few bucks on me at all times. Pay with cash and pocket all the change instead of giving the cashier exact change, and then throw that money in a bank or a jar. Thanks for the response. So, who's getting the surprise gift? Someone special? ;)

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most stores in the small town where I live, don't accept debit or credit card payments. So for someone like me, anytime I go shopping, quite obviously, I'll get some coins to toss into my coin jar.
    Nope. The gift will be for my neighbor. But since I don't know what she likes, I'll instead buy her kid a toy or two.

5. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have a few little shops like that around here but not many. Most places we can use a card. It actually takes some effort to use cash in most cases.

Well, I'm sure your neighbor and her kid will be delighted. It's a nice thought. I love watching kids open gifts.