Stringent Quality Testing And Monitoring For Bottled Water Production

Discussion in Water started by explorerx7 • Mar 15, 2017.

1. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    The consumption of bottled water is rapidly increasing around the globe. There are multiples of new facilities that are offering bottled water.The problem, however, is that there does not seem to be requisite control over these facilities in regards to what they promise to offer. It has been found in some instances that it's ordinary tap water that is being offered and that the quality of the water is poor and contains a huge amount of unwelcome bacteria. These bottled water facilities should be regularly inspected and the water source to be monitored to prevent the consumers being deceived.

2. Rosemary

RosemaryNew Member

Threads:
    That would make me very angry if I was paying for tap water since I already pay for my tap water in the city that I live in.

3. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    That's a big concern for me whenever I have to buy packaged water.
    To avoid health hazards, I buy the bottled water of branded companies, but then who knows what they're offering. There're remote places wherein you cannot get branded water bottles. The stores sell only the local products to increase their profit margin. It becomes real challenge to get proper drinking water, and we're at mercy of the vendors.

4. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I totally agree with @explorerx7@explorerx7 on the need to strictly monitor bottled water production facilities. In our country, water purifying/refilling businesses have mushroomed in every nook and cranny of the urban and suburban areas where tap water quality is poor. While most of these stores are under franchise agreements, there is actually no guarantee that they are delivering purified water at the promised quality. I haven't read/heard anything in the news about the Department of Health or any other concerned agency doing the rounds of these businesses and that is quite alarming.

We used to buy 5-gals purified water from a family friend who is operating under a franchise. We almost didn't notice the difference until my brother told us that the water did not taste good. I shifted to another purified water provider and I quickly noticed the difference in taste and probably, quality. Well, we don't know exactly how they're doing the process and how they're actually refilling our containers so we're at their mercy. I've been thinking of buying my own water purifier at home and am looking for honest reviews about this product.