Suprise For Kids

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Decentlady • Dec 13, 2016.

1. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    This is festive season and Christmas is round the corner. Many kids still believe that Santa comes with gifts for them.

Do you pretend to be the Santa and keep suprise gifts for your child/children in a socks or the like?

How do you treat innocent children?

2. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    My child is still a toddler so she still doesn't know about Santa and gifts. I think next year she will be ready to get into that and I think it will be fun to pretend santa is real so it can be a bit funner. I remember loving this part of Christmas when I was a child and loved to wake up to surprices I actually asked for, that was amazing to me so I think it will be fun for my daughter aswell. I then found out that both my parents would go to the store with me and one would buy the toys while the other distracted me.

3. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Many people don't like telling their children that Santa Clause exists but I think it's a harmless and fun tradition. It's extra magical having that belief. You can also keep your children acting good so that they will get presents, haha. It benefits you as well as them. You can always just take your children to the mall to see Santa instead of spending money on a costume.

4. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I so agree with you. We often forget that festivals should hold special meaning and something to look forward to for kids too.

Often times we get so involved in entertaining adults that we forget such simple and not so expensive suprises make a world of a difference.

5. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    When I was a kid, I was never told about Santa because I was raised in Hindu culture (I am Hindu actually). When I knew about Santa, I was old enough to believe that Santa is just a myth. I have never played Santa games with kids, however, during the Christmas I have received candies from walking santa.

6. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Personally I like surprises. I have admit when I was a kid I do believe in Santa Claus. I was always wanting to have Christmas gift from him. Every Christmas Day, I always got a gift or two from him. My curiosity had caught the real Santa Claus. I woke early in the morning of Christmas Day. I saw my late mother who filled up my pair of socks hanging in our window. I got back to sleep. When I woke up again, it was already past 7 in the morning. I told my mother why she was the one who put some toys in my socks. With a smile from her face, she told me that Santa was too busy and she did the work for Santa. I hugged my mother, kissed her and greeted her Merry Christmas and said, "Thank you Mother!".

7. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Yes and there is absolutely no danger in them growing old and believing Santa still exists because by the age of 10 to 12, they would already figure it out. Sure, you'll have some explaining to do but it's worth it. You can just explain that it's part of the Christmas tradition and that Santa was actually based on someone that went around giving presents to the kids of the town.