Surplus Easter Candy

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Rosyrain • Apr 6, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Now that Easter is over, I am trying to figure out what to do with all of the extra candy I bought that did not fit into the kids Easter treat buckets. I have an assortment of jelly beans, Snickers bars, chocolate eggs, and the malt ball eggs. I do not want to just sit around and eat the extra candy, and I am trying to think of a way to deconstruct some of it and Incorporate it into my baking over the next couple of months. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yikes.. that's a lot of candy eating lol. Well, you said it yourself. Incorporate it into your baking etc. When it comes to foods like that, there isn't much thinking involved.. just whip in the candy and you're done. It will go with anything already sugary or add it to a salty snack if you're the sweet and salty type. Have fun with that lol.

3. joyful728

joyful728Active Member

Threads:
    Hmmm.... well with the snickers bar, the first idea that comes to mind is to smash it up and use it in an easy "ice cream sandwich cake" - basically you layer ice cream sandwiches, with whipped cream and chocolate sauce in the middle, then mash up a snickers bar on top. Google it for the complete recipe. If you don't tell your guests how you made it, they will not guess it is actually ice cream sandwiches!!!