Tag Away

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by janetsjunk1972 • Jan 21, 2015.

1. janetsjunk1972

janetsjunk1972New Member

Threads:
    As I've gotten older, I've had an increase in skin tags on my neck. Low and behold I see a commercial for over the counter Tag Away. I couldn't afford the price online but eventually found it in my local Walmart for a reasonable price and thought I'd give it a try. After trying it for about a week and smelling like I don't know what, I gave up as there was no indication of any tags going away. Has anyone else tried it and experienced good results? Maybe if you have just one or two it would be worth it, but I have lots of small ones and can't seem to cover them all.

2. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't heard of that product. But I do know that you can use wart remover on tags, the kind that contains salicylic acid, like compound w. You place it directly on the tag and try and keep it off the rest of your skin. It will bubble up and turn white, and wait for it to dry. Then repeat every few days if the white stuff has fallen off. Eventually the tag will shrivel up and "die", and fall off. It is really a cheap and effective way to do it - although if your tag is in a visible place it won't look pretty throughout this whole process! Luckily I think most people's tags are in hidden places.

3. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I had seen the commercial on this product and was curious about whether it actually worked. Usually when I get curious about a product I will do research about it online. Turns out what I found out about this one wasn't too good. There were very few reviews from consumers saying that the product worked for them effectively. I guess wart remover could be an effective method but having used wart remover be forewarned this one will burn a little. Its also not the most pleasant smelling of stuff, but it does work at least it did for my wart.

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I would be careful with the acid based wart removers as they can leave some unsightly scars and large holes in your skin. I had much better results with the freeze away kits, and depending on how many tags you got and how easily you can reach them, you might want to try that route instead. The freeze away wart remover kits are easy to use. You just press down on the device to load up the cotton tip with some of the freezing cold liquid, then press it against the wart (or skin tag) to freeze it for a bit. If it works on warts I don't see why it wouldn't work on skin tags.

Personally, when I get an occasional one on my neck, I just rip it off with tweezers. It bleeds a bit but it heals quickly, then it's gone.

Some people have also used plain old Apple Cider vinegar to remove stuff such as moles from their skin, which may work on skin tags too. However it's smelly and it can also leave scars too. I tried this method to remove a mole on my chest, and it removed most of it, but the smell of the cider vinegar wofting up to my face due to my body heat, was pretty rough to deal with. You just soak a tiny piece of cotton with the vinegar then secure it over the mole with some surgical tape and let it stay on it for a few hours each day.

5. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    A freeze away kit can also leave scars, even more so than a gel wart remover, because you need to press it down into your skin. Since the tag is hanging off your skin, you need to press firmly down onto your healthy skin to get at the tag too, which can certainly cause a burn.

With a wart remover gel you can be more careful to only place it directly on the tag and not on your skin. Even with freeze removal by your dermatologist there is a chance for scarring. Really the best method is one where you can be certain to only touch your tag and not your healthy skin.

6. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    You wrote, "After trying it for about a week and smelling like I don't know what, I gave up as there was no indication of any tags going away. Has anyone else tried it and experienced good results?" Oh boy! A buddy gave me a bottle because she was disappointed with the results. So she wanted me to see if I got something different.
    All I got sore skin under my arm pit. The skin tag is still there.
    I went to the doctor's office because I thought that area may be infected. It wasn't infected. But that office visit cost me $50.00. So, I am out of $50.00, and experienced discomfort and pain.