Talk Like A Baby

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Gelsemium • Feb 2, 2015.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Eh, I am suspicious that he's just calling for attention. His older brother is on the 2nd grade and we do spend a good amount of time with him because of the homework, so eventually he feels he deserve a similar attention, so it's a permanent work in progress as you know.

And no, I know it was not at me, I just liked to see you upset. :p

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hahaa.. yeah. Now you know my kryptonite. No using it against me! Well.. unfairness is my kryptonite, but especially when it comes to children. THEN you'll see the positivity crumble lol.

I'm glad you've figured it out.. it's the usual cause and a pretty easy one to fix :)

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Maybe if you say something like "oh what happened to my big boy I miss him" when he starts to talk like a baby, it will make him stop and think about what he is doing and make him stop talking like a baby. He is doing what he thinks make you happy.

4. Gelsemium

Threads:
    @JosieP@JosieP, I do like that expression kryptonite, it's a good thing to rebel against, what's unfair. ;)

As for being easy, that's another story, I do try to maneuver him like you say Pat, but he is one special boy, really delicate to handle... :)

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, no.. not easy if you just want it to stop the minute you figure out the problem lol. We rode it out.. sometimes it got to be too much, other times it was not the appropriate time for it and others he was shamed for it (not by us).. but I always kept in mind that it was a normal phase and it was something he needed at the time for whatever reason. So we were patient. We all learned from it. Focusing on it will keep it going that much longer. We rode it out, didn't focus on it and it passed pretty quickly from what I remember. We're all different though, I get it. Good luck :)

6. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Thanks. :) One thing I do realize is that I need a bigger place. I live in a flat, no yard, so they really don't have much space to be kids. When we go out they run like crazy and play lol, so I am missing space.

7. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Definitely, space is good lol. Keeping him busy and running around will distract him (does he stop doing it while he's playing outside?). Maybe focus on when he stops and go from there?

8. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Kids go through many different phases in their development. I believe that your son will probably grow out of it rather quickly and start talking like his friends in kindergarten or school. Or even his friends in the neighborhood. I wouldn't be too concerned about it. He will just forget it and move on soon. :)

9. Gelsemium

Threads:
    In fact I never paid attention to whether his behavior changes if he's indoors or not, I'll pay attention to that. He's a difficult boy, he's very sweet and given, but he has the opposite as well, he can behave like a little demon and be very stubborn... :D