Talking with the kids

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Peninha • Jul 10, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My older kid is in a beach program for the holidays and I was really impressed by it at the beginning, they said a nutritionist was preparing their meals and so on. In the last days though, talking with him, I realize that the food hasn't been great, by the contrary, after lunch (around 12:30, 1PM) and until 5:30PM when I pick him up, he just eats a madeleine (the cake). Are they crazy? Has something like this happened to you?

2. davbopol13

davbopol13Active Member

Threads:
    I had my children in a daycare once that hardly ever gave my children a drink! Everyday when we picked them up, they would be so thirsty, I was really worried. They were too small to tell me if they were being neglected, so I took them out and stayed at home with them til they went to school!

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, that can happen too, that is why we need to do a really good research before we put our kids in a school, we never know if it's going to be a bad one. Once they start talking it's important that they create the habit of communicating with us though, we can learn a lot about what's going on there and we can talk to the teachers if necessary.

4. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I have had that happen. A kid I would nanny for after day care was crying one day. I asked her why and she said she was so hungry. I was shocked because I know they get lunch there at daycare. So, I asked her, "Didn't you eat your lunch?" She told me they took the food away because they were too loud. These kids were like 2-4 years old! I told her mother and she was livid. She talked to her daughter and found out that at one point they gave a child fake cheese and watched as he tried to eat it. What the heck? It is important I think to talk to your kids everyday, ask all sorts of questions if they can talk. If not, do research. Ask people who have gone there and read reviews. Some of these places are dirty and dangerous.

5. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is a scary post you made Verity, I find hard to believe that people would actually do that to kids, those class of people are just evil and they should not be allowed to work with innocent kids. Kids do have a voice if we stimulate them and teach them to use their voice they will do it and that's the best defense we can have as a family.