Thanksging gets bypassed

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by jleadbet • Nov 4, 2012.

1. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I really like the Thanksgiving holiday. Mostly because family can get together, share a meal and there's no pressure for gift giving. The extra time off work is nice too. I still love Christmas. I just wish we could have Thanksgiving and then start with Christmas, but it's early November and the mall is already decorated for Christmas. Santa arrives this weekend at ours.

2. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfateMember

Threads:
    This is a common thing actually. The moment Halloween ends, you see all sort of Christmas commercials. Even just yesterday I saw one. It's been like this for years now. I think it's because commercially, Christmas is much more lucrative than Thanksgiving so everyone wants to jump on the early money.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I know what you mean. I love Thanksgiving!

I hate that Christmas stuff starts going out as soon as Halloween is over. Ugh. I don't really mind if they start right after Thanksgiving, but come on....at least let the next holiday pass first!

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In some stores, the Christmas stuff was on display before Halloween. When I worked in a department store, we actually received Christmas items in July. It worked in the China and Crystal Department. We were always itching to put it out because it was taking up space or because people would honestly ask for it early.

Strictly as a consumer, it doesn't really bother me. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. I love it. Fortunately, Thanksgiving isn't commercialized so there aren't many displays for it.

5. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    That's actually a good thing that Thanksgiving isn't commercialized as of yet, beings all the others are! I really like Thanksgiving too, it's a great holiday to get all the family and friends together for a nice meal and catching up with everybody.

6. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I am looking forward to Thanksgiving this year. We have company coming to stay with us for a few days and they are a lot of fun to be around. Even though the stores are already pushing Christmas, we always wait to decorate our home for Christmas until after Thanksgiving is over.

7. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hadn't been to the shops for a few weeks and I was shocked to see all of the Christmas merchandise in the shops. The retailers are intent on maximising the effects of Christmas, which is understandable, they are only concerned about profits.