The Best Car You Ever Had?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Rhoda D'ettore • Dec 11, 2014.

1. Rhoda D'ettore

Rhoda D'ettoreMember

Threads:
    I have owned a Dodge, Two Oldsmobiles, Chrysler, Plymouth, and three Ford Mustangs (2 were GTs).

Of all of them, the Mustang GTs were the best I owned. Not only for the look, but for the handling, performance, reliability. The v6 weighed less and therefore slid a lot more in the rain and snow, however, the heavier GTs are much better in those conditions.

I purchased a brand new Mustang several years ago, and I fully intend to keep it until the day it just dies. Of all my cars, this was the best. 2012 Mustang Premium GT 5.0

What is your best car?

2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've only had two cars so far - a Toyota Corolla GLi model '96 and a Toyota Vios 2009 model. My very first car was obviously the 96 Corolla. I got it early this year. I honed my driving skills with that car. I owned it for about 11 months. Then, just recently, I sold the car and got myself a Toyota Vios. Of course, it's easy to choose which car is the best between the two. The Vios blows the Corolla away because it's newer and fresher and has less maintenance problems as compared to the Corolla. But then again, it's a very unfair comparison because the Corolla is already 2 decades old while the Vios is just 5 years old...

3. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I have owned, and will rank them from best to worst.

1. 2002 Honda Civic EX (Great car! Only minor fixes)
    2. 2000 Toyota Celica GTS (Good performance, sporty look, and no major repairs)
    3. 1995 Toyota Celica ST (Sporty look, decent performance, some repairs)
    4. 1995 Chevy Blazer (Despite the bad reviews, I had no repairs at all in the 2 years I owned it)
    5. 1988 Toyota Celica (First car, 250,000 miles. Enough said)

4. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    If you had said vehicle I would say my 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport but the best car would have been an Oldsmobile Alero. It was the right size for me, easy to maintain, had a cassette, CD players and we installed our Sirius in it. It had lighted mirrors on both sides and front and back cup holders, power windows and locks. It was the best used car I'd ever owned and would buy another one.

5. MsJLO

MsJLONew Member

Threads:
    I think I have had too many to list here lol. But my first car will always be my favorite. It was a Vibrant Red 1969 Volkswagon Bug. It was old but in amazing condition. Got me every where I needed to be and filling the gas tank was $10 and lasted me almost 2 weeks. I have upgraded over the years and I am on my 4th Mercedes currently the ML350. I love my car, but that Red Slug Bug will always be my favorite.

#5Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  6. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely the 2004 anniversary edition Mustang. Just the regular six cylinder manual transmission one. I later traded it for a beautiful three year old 2006 GT convertible with manual transmission. It was nice, but I really preferred the 2004 six cylinder hands down, which had surprisingly good gas mileage. And it wasn't a convertible, which I found I wasn't all that fond of. I'm outside in the sun a lot anyway. The added exposure of being in a convertible was just too much for me.

7. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I've owned a 2004 Hyundia matrix and that car is a fighter, I wouldn't say it is the best car I've owned tho, out of 10, I'll give it three. The other one was a 2008 Toyota Wish and that car was sweet! It was fast, okay on gas and very reliable. Third, a 2014 Suzuki Swift, this car is a delight! It is awesome gas! It is very sleek and well made but, it is definitely not a fast car, well, my version isn't...because I have a 1300+ cc rating. Overrall, I would make it close between the Wish and the Swift. I'd give the Wish 7/10 and the Suzuki 8/10.

8. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I'd have to say Toyota Vios. It's the latest car that I have acquired. It's a 2009 model and it's way better than my old, beat up, 1996 model Toyota Corolla GLi. The Toyota Vios, though cheap, is very dependable. It's a fairly simple car with a simple design. It's very silent and it seems as though the car is not running even though it is. Handling is pretty good. Air conditioning is cool and the sound system is nice. One gripe is that it doesn't have an auxiliary port but that's okay. Overall, it's great!

9. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I too had a brand new Mustang many years ago, and to this day, it was one of my favorite cars to drive. I bought a 1999 Mustang - not a GT, but it had really dark grey leather interior, the paint color was a three layer metallic paint called "laser red", that gave off a glowing amber shimmer when the sun hit it. It also had the upgraded alloy rims and the premium sound system.

The sound system in the car was phenomenal, and I didn't need to replace any of it with after market products at all, it sounded so balanced and clean and had some serious kick to it, with no distortion at all when I cranked it up. I used to love taking it for road trips and blasting all my CD's along the way.

It was a nightmare though driving it in the winter, especially here in Ohio. There were often times I just simply had to take the long way around some streets because I couldn't drive down or up certain roads that were too steep. I also got used to sliding through busy 4 way intersections in the winter, and saying a lot of Hail Mary's along the way, lol.

Also, the car was a dent magnet. That's what ultimately made me sell it before I had paid it off - it got it's first dent in less than two months of me owning it. It was in the shop like 5 or 6 times to get dents repaired on it in the two and a half years I had the car. Some people just cannot stand to see a nice car, and unfortunately get jealous and spiteful and hit it on purpose.

10. XLS

XLSMember

Threads:
    Out of all the cars I owned was my 2002 limited Chevy Venture (minivan). Believe me- I never thought I would have a mini-van, especially being a single mom to one child. Yet the price was right and at the time had a little business which it benefited. Long story short- it had an Amazing Bose sound system! Leather seats with suede lining, all charcoal grey interior with a silver exterior. Super comfortable and durable, until I got into a 5 car pile up, thanks to the driver who just had to text and drive in the middle of a snow storm.

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite was my Mustang Grande with a 351 Cleveland engine, it could get up and go with ease. I liked the sound of the engine and the way the car handled on the open road. I got it up to 120 out in the west on a very long highway. I got a ticket also, it was hard for the highway patrolman to catch me I was going so fast.

12. XLS

XLSMember

Threads:

GO PAT!! haha - I have a need for speed too. I can only imagine that feeling. It must have been so liberating. Do you still have the vehicle? I must say driving in fast cars is something I miss- I am looking forward to the day where my kid is out of the carseat