The best time to enjoy internet speeds

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by mikelouis • Mar 7, 2014.

1. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    You people know what am talking about. There is that time that you can really enjoy internet speeds especially when everybody is asleep. This is normally when you want to have some heavy downloads of over 5 GB. For me I think it is when past Midnight when everybody is offline is when speeds can be crazy.

2. pahagwl

pahagwlActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I do agree that speeds during midnight hours are comparatively better then those experienced in evening or during the day. This is due to the fact that most of the people are sleeping and there is less traffic on the servers. But nowadays, people have started identifying these hours as an opportunity to download big files to take advantage of the higher speeds.

3. yossup

yossupMember

Threads:
    The best time for high speeds is when everyone's sleeping of course or when people are out working. I see the best speeds after 12am or during the usual work hours between 9-5pm.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have got pretty good speed all day long. But I noticed that around dinner time, there seems to be an overload when everyone is going home from work and switching on their computer. And during any type of holidays, there is also a definite slowing down.
    My preferred time is early in the morning or late at night.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hardly ever notice any difference in my internet speed except on Sundays when apparently everyone has gone to church. My downloads then are ultra-fast. But the rest of the days, no matter what time it is, if there's a change in internet speed it's hardly noticeable.

Could be I haven't been paying much attention to the slight change in internet speed depending on the time of the day. I'll experiment and see what results I get.

6. Kevin128672

Kevin128672Member

Threads:
    I used to live for that moment! I would always be on my laptop very early in the morning, before anyone else got up, just to download huge files for using later. It is probably one of my favorite feelings, seeing that you just downloaded a full 1080p movie in just 5 minutes! :)

7. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    For me it is in the early morning hours....around 2 or 3 am i get a super boost of internet speeds all the way through to around 5 or 6 am. So i usually leave a lot of my downloads up until then. I think that my internet is fairly decent so when it does slow down, you wont find me complaining supremely. I only really get irritated when i am struggling to stream things online. That is when i have a real serious headache and find that to be terribly annoying.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah past 2 AM would be the time when the speeds are picking up fast, obviously because most people are already asleep during those times. And it starts to slow down at around 5 PM onwards. Sometimes around 4 PM it starts to slow down already. And most especially during the weekend, the speeds are just not the same, as early as 11 am it's not as fast as it would on a weekday.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I usually start working during night time, and having had experience working during the daytime as well, I could say that the difference is very significant. Not that daytime speeds are that slow that it becomes noticeable, but I definitely notice a slightly faster loading time during the hours past midnight, especially for watching videos. I find that whenever I watch videos on Youtube during the daytime, the pages load just slightly slower whereas when I watch them during midnight, there is almost no lag between clicks, so I'm able to watch videos sequentially without even a hint of delay.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I can get started around 5AM I can get alot done, no slow computer or internet service. Once people start to get up and logging on it does slow down somewhat. If not 5AM I get good speed anytime after 1AM.

11. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I find that my internet speed is horrible through 6pm-11pm. I guess that is when everyone is on video games, surfing, and watching netflix. Anytime in the morning is decent as is the afternoon. However it is the best from like 12am-5am. My internet is actually fast so if I want to download something or play a game I need to do it them. If not then it is just a HUGE lag fest and I can't do much and my movies or games won't load. It gets somewhat frustrating.

12. Aurora

AuroraMember

Threads:
    The best time to enjoy internet speed is the later part of the night before dawn. It is probably more people are sleeping late so the speed is just alright at midnight. The best speed is around 3 am to 5 am in the morning. The worst is in the evening where people are going home from work.

13. maxim66

maxim66New Member

Threads:
    I generally use the internet more towards the night, because everyone is asleep. I don't generally do it do cut down on the cost, but because I have the internet all to myslf, free of horrible lag in games and buffering on Netflix or YouTube. I generally tend to do more during the night because of this, as slow internet speeds just annoy me to no end.

14. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In our home, the off hours for the internet is around 5am until 10am. Outside that period, especially during dinner time hours, our internet at home is pretty slow so don't dare download a movie because it may just hang and you have to reload the download. Maybe the morning hours have only a few users so we schedule heavy downloading and even uploading during those time.

15. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Wow... It means you need to have lot of stamina to wait for downloading. o_O

16. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I posit that with 4G internet, anytime is right to be online. Otherwise, the rule of the thumb applies when most people are asleep around midnight and speed picks up in the morning. It also depends on the site you are using. Some online earning sites are mostly active at night and this may overload their servers at this time.

17. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah it do agreed with you but i have best devices with me with 4G as well but when we are in a group it seems like i have worst networks but sometimes it goes really speedy specially while i call that team at my home to check that issue so now i am going to change the whole setup because the said net issue occurs due to the modems heat up, is that possible? I mean i can't believe.

18. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    You are right 4G has really revolutionized mobile Intnernet.

Yes, as mentioned by OP I used to get good Internet speed in our area post midnight. I use a mobile broadband connection as landline broadband option is not viable here. It was not working at day times but usually catch up after midnight. But with the advent of 4G I am getting good speed 24X7. I bought a new Huawei 4G Wingle (E8372) through Amazon which is really superb. My old Wifi dongle was not even catching 3G signals but this one works well with 4G. It gives a stable connection all times, day or night.

Earlier I use to get up at midnight only to surf net but nowadays I don’t have to sacrifice my sleep. Thanks to this amazing technology.

19. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    4G is not yet a reality in my home country. WE have 3G and the fastest internet service in the country gives 6.1 MBPS. Yes, this not not a very great internet service, however, the average internet speed is just about 1 MBPS.
    Since internet is used mostly during the day, surfing in the day will always get me less speed. I find better internet connection at night.

20. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I also agree that internet connection is faster after midnight, from 1am til 5 or 6 in the morning to be exact. However, that was before when people have no idea that connections are faster during those time of night. Now, no matter what time of day and night, internet connection in our country is very slow that it's intolerable to download or even surf and stream. It's totally devastating :(