The Hobbit - a Worthy Prequel to LOTR?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • Dec 18, 2012.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Hobbit is a prequel to the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I have always been a fan of the first three films so I was skeptical from the moment I entered the cinema to watch Peter Jackson's The Hobbit. My doubts were cast out the window as I was introduced to the various characters of the film. Though the movie dragged on a bit at the early moments, the middle and late sequences will leave you gasping for breath because of frantic chases and creative action scenes. I found The Hobbit even more compelling than LOTR 1.

For those who want to have a great movie experience, watch The Hobbit. It's one of the best films of the year.

2. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    It must be really good to watch this movie in 3D. I'm hoping the local 3d cinema won't be as crowded when LOTR were shown. Aa far as i know part of his story was told in the LOTR itself and how he become golem. :D

3. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I think this movie is a good continuation of the LOTR trilogy. I haven;t read the book but I have my friends recommending it to me for a few months now. Maybe I'll just watch the movie first this weekend and would read the book after. You know sometimes when you read the book first. you can't help but be disappointed if you watch the movie right after.

4. lindbergh

Threads:
    Spoiler:
    I saw gollum in the movie - he had an encounter with Bilbo Baggins in a cave. The movie however did not show how gollum turned into what he is. The story centers around a group of dwarves longing to reclaim their homeland, with Gandalf and Bilbo assisting the group. It's a long journey and it leaves you craving for part 2.

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I would have loved to have gone to see it this weekend but wasn't able to. I am glad to hear that it is really good. I am a huge JRR Tolkien fan and read all the books many years ago. The Hobbit takes place before The Lord of the Rings and is quite a different type of story. It sounds like they stayed true to the book. I hope to be able to see it sometime in the next week or two. I have been wanting to see how Peter Jackson did Smaug the Dragon in the film, I bet it is awesome!

6. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I was never really a fan of the LOTR trilogy so I'm definitely not heading to the movies to watch it.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really enjoyed LOTR and planned to see The Hobbit. The lines are crazy long in my area. I will wait until the lines die down before going to see it. I am very much looking forward to it.

8. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    Faced with this kind of movies, we must measure our expectations. In this case, the reputation of the series precedes the new project of Jackson. That can become a plus or a negative. I didn't see the movie yet, but I have intentions of enjoying it in the coming weeks. I read the book and know the story. For that reason, I just pretend to have fun and enjoy three hours of projection. There will always be controversy over their predecessors or level of adaptation of the book, but these are minor criticisms. For all that, I will consider your last comment. Thank you for opening the debate.:D

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Hobbit story is a remake, I am a fan more of The Hobbit than LORT. I am foward to seeing the movie. I am not sure it still in my area.

10. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I have been wanting to see this movie i didn't know it was another LOTR movie do i have to watch those movies to understand the hobbit?

11. lindbergh

Threads:
    You really don't need to watch the LOTR movies to understand The Hobbit. But you would have a better viewing experience if you have a movie marathon of all the lotr movies plus the hobbit.

12. zuluguy

zuluguyNew Member

Threads:
    The hobbit for me lived up to what I was expecting, it had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish and I am so excited for the next one! I'm a massive fan of lord of the rings its my favourite trilogy and I wasn't sure the Hobbit would be able to live up to the standards of lord of the rings, but it definitely did! I also love martin freeman as an actor and he played the part extremely well as he always does in anything I've see him in :)