The longest a car lasted?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by TuRon Davis • Sep 24, 2014.

1. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I'm curious to know what's the longest you've ever driven a car you've owned? The longest car for me was my very first car. I drove it from 1996 till 2000. It was a ford LTD and I drove it everywhere. I even drove it out of town. The main thing now is to just make sure all of your fluids are good and that everything is working properly. Being sure of that and tending to general maintenance will make your car run forever. I wish I knew more about cars back then as I do now, and I would have saved some money and cars.

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've put 65,000 miles on a Jeep Grand Cherokee in the last four or five years, and the thing still runs strong. It's got some issues, but none of them have proven too serious. I perform most of the maintenance myself, and I know exactly how that vehicle operates. We've got a car in the family that lasted for well over 300,000 miles before finally dying out. My next vehicle is going to be a diesel truck, and diesel engines can last for upwards of 300,000 to 700,000 miles with proper care, so I'm excited for that.

3. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    The longest I've ever driven a car was just over two years from September 2011 to December 2013. My granddad is still driving his car that he bought in 1992, making his car 22 years old now. He has only done 52,000 miles in it as well but it is extremely reliable, only ever needing minor repairs and servicing.