The Most Secured Payment Gateway

Discussion in Payment Methods started by luri • Nov 15, 2017.

1. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    In my opinion, Paypal is the most secured payment gateway. If you make purchase with paypal, you have buyer's protection, which means if the seller tries ro cheat you, you can file the dispute and claim refund. In most cases, paypal will favor buyers. However, for seller this might create problems. Because there are people who try to cheat the seller by asking for false refund.

2. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Not necessary. There are many other who are far more secure like Stripe and Square. Those are also merchant gateways like paypal. They don't have consumer wallets like paypal. Also payoneer is another useful and more secure. They even ship the funds directly to the account. And so it shows the paypal is not just one in the market. Paypal is just more known than any other in the market. I am sure in future this will change.

3. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with your opinion, PayPal is the best payment processor, they are secure and fair. Every time when I asked for my payment I received it instantly, and I am glad that I can keep my money secure without the fear that someone will steal my money.

4. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I agree! Paypal is the most secured gateway and I have been using it for so many years now. There has never been any problems and only once or twice I had a little trouble receiving payment from online sites that I work for, some technical issue, and when I wrote to the customer care at Paypal, they always got back on time and sorted it out. So even if they increase fees or anything like that, I think I would stick to them.

5. Rexy

RexyMember

Threads:
    PayPal definitely, due to its seller/buyer protection. Sometimes, the buyer protection is annoying for sellers as you can easily get scammed that way, otherwise it's great.

6. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    Payoneer is similar but not a substitute to PayPal. Both are great. Personally, I use PayPal for all my transactions and so far, I have not seen a downside. The customer support is great and security is top notch. I have heard people complaining that PayPal froze their accounts for no reason. I don't know what to make of that but I think there must surely be a reason. Most of the people I have heard complaining were dealing with obscene products which I hear PayPal does not take kindly to. What shocked me is that they can also freeze your account if they notice the amount of money you are dealing with is suspiciously large. This must suck for businesspeople.

7. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have nay other payment option aside from Paypal and I think it's a good one since I have been using it for quite some time and I haven't had any problems with it yet.

8. Rexy

RexyMember

Threads:
    I haven't personally used Payoneer in the past, however, I've heard great things about it. Is it possible to chargeback with Payoneer?

9. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I also agree that PayPal is secure. The buyer protection is only available within 60 days meaning that any complaint made after two months won't solve anything.

I recently wanted to purchase and pay shipment fee for items from an online site. But they claim product will arrive within 60 days and that I can only complain after 60 days are over. Christmas is 20 days away and so I had to forget about it. Also, I felt it was one way to prevent me from using PayPal buyer protection because the 60 days will have expired.

10. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    PayPal is certainly the popular choice around and one good thing that made them so is the consistent nature in which they carry out their transactions. It's not that other payment methods are not consistent, but the fact that PayPal has been reliable over the years made them one of the best we can find around the continent for doing business.

11. Rexy

RexyMember

Threads:
    Yeah, that's true. Sometimes, people get mad because of the chargebacks and that pisses me off as well because you can easily get scammed as a buyer AND seller.

12. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    The thing I like about paypal it is so simple to use. I have tried other payment processors but they seem to have all sorts of rules and restrictions. Take payoneer for instance. You have to have $50 in your account before you can withdraw to your bank account. I seem to remember it being a bit fiddly to set up too.

As for security, there are scammers everywhere and as my partner's brother was hacked I know it's possible for even the most careful of people to run into problems. I trust them over all other payment processors even though I don't think anything is completely foolproof.