The Only Credit Card You Should Have (my Opinion)

Discussion in Credit Cards started by JoushaP • Oct 23, 2016.

1. JoushaP

JoushaPNew Member

Threads:
    In my personal opinion, the only credit card you should have is one that actually rewards you when you use it. I had 2 credit cards in the past that I used the most because it gave me a lot of perks and points to where I can trade in for gifts.

I look at it as a give and take situation. If I use your card I should get something in return for the continued use. One of the two credit cards I used had free rental car insurance whenever I traveled and needed to rent a car. So that was a nice perk for using it. That was easily a 20 usd daily charge that the card paid for when I used it to rent a car. The second card was associated with a particular airlines and every purchase made, I received frequent flyer points. Every purchase I made, I used that card. After a few months I could fly internationally for free, or I could easily transfer it to someone else and sell them the points as it would be cheaper then buying a ticket with cash.

So with those examples alone, having the right credit cards that pays you for using it, has it's benefits.

2. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Thats quite prudent. Most people rush for credit cards without bothering to check the terms and conditions attached. Talking about points, those credit cards that offer these are quite good for impulsive shoppers who accumulate credit over a short time and reach their limits quickly. They would have saved alot and have something to fall back on before they top up. However, not many companies offer such favourable terms.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    It would be great if they offered such deals here. Unfortunately instead of getting gifts or points I get charged for not using my card a certain amount of time. There was a promotion once that offered points for everytime you shop but then was removed soon after

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really care about rewards from use of credit cards. My paramount concern is ensure all my tyransactions are done safely. That said, I just like going for a debit card, since most of my shopping are done locally and I tend to be fine paying for goods and services with cash.

5. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    My credit card also has points systems and discounts but I don't use it much as the cost of using it is not worth the points or discount it has to offer. So, I have kept it for emergency use only.

6. JoushaP

JoushaPNew Member

Threads:
    Well guys, I watch my points and pay off my cards quickly. If I don't have the cash to buy it in the first place, then I have no business, purchasing it with my credit card in the first place. Let's go down the list of the things I have traded points for. I have received round trip ticket to Asia, A full pot and pan set, cutlery, shop vac, and I also sold my points to someone else as they wanted to fly to Asia for free as wall. So you see that it pays to look at getting a credit card with rewards.

That goes without saying. Most reputable credit cards have buyer protection. I don't know of any card that doesn't have a clause like that in effect.

7. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I would also love to have a credit card who gives points and rewards as well. Well there are some in our place that offers one, however it's a bit hard to acquire one since they are asking for too much requirements that's why there aren't a lot of people who have their own credit card on our place.

8. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use a credit card,I use debit cards instead. These days you can get a virtual credit cards, which works more like a debit card as you can spend only the amount you have topped on your virtual credit cards. Good thing about these virtual credit cards is you can use payment processors such as paypal, payza, neteller to top up.

9. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    I think you can have any type of credit card regardless of whether it comes with gifts or not. If you limit yourself to only the cards that reward you may end up with no credit card since not all of them are rewarding especially in my country. The credit card I use doesn't reward.