The Shake Weight!

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by xtina3907 • Mar 29, 2012.

1. Some1else0

Some1else0Member

Threads:
    The original product resembles a regular dumbbell, is 2.5 pound in weight with a spring on either end. According to the official website, this device works with a method called Dynamic Inertia.

The claim that the official website makes is that by just shaking this weight for 6 minutes a day is enough to help you get lean and toned arms. You just hold it in various positions and shake it.

This back and forth shake is supposed to work your muscles. The claim is that this movement is much better than traditional weight training.

I don't believe just 6 minutes will work, but the fact that it uses dynamic inertia is correct, and it works. Shaking a dumbbell is a lot different than the shakeweight. :p

2. brentcsi101

brentcsi101New Member

Threads:
    I have a friend that bought one, and he says it works well. He's a swimmer and weight lifter, and from what I've seen, it works well. I do though question the science behind it, as it doesn't make that much sense to me. Then again, I'm not a scientist by any means. I'm thinking about getting one, but I'm in a little of a money crunch right now.

3. daisiesndots

daisiesndotsMember

Threads:
    I have one of these but I never use it =/ I am bad about getting into using something for a few days and then forgetting. I keep meaning to set an alarm on my phone to remind me to do it, but I can't remember to do that either haha

4. sam300

sam300New Member

Threads:
    I have heard about it but never tried it, but it seems that it works. But I just can not understand how this thing works. Will surely try later.

5. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    No just because the inside of the shake weight actually moves when you shake it and causes multiple muscles to react to while shaking and catching the the weight of the dumbell. With a regular dumb bell there is no residual shake to activate the muscles.

I tried this once at a store and felt so stupid doing it I put it down, walked away and never walked up to it again. Im not really sure how I feel about using this product but when I work out I always do arms individually so I don't think I would need to buy this.

6. Lucky120

Lucky120New Member

Threads:
    Yes I have one and I love it. I think that it is an awesome work out routine that you can use for your arms. I am glad that they have something that actually works a little better than some of those tv products. I am glad that I found something that I have been using for a while without taking it back or mailing it back saying that I do not like it.

7. jrkrizco

jrkrizcoNew Member

Threads:
    My mother has one of these. I've actually seen a difference in her arms. She also says she finds it more entertaining than just using the dumbbells. Maybe I'll borrow it and see if it will work for me.

8. BestCrispAir

BestCrispAirNew Member

Threads:
    I have a Shake Weight that I have used for two years now. I really like it. What the Shake Weight does that is different than just shaking a regular dumbbell is moving the center of gravity of the weight, forcing different muscles to engage in supporting the weight of the Shake Weight. I don't worry about looking silly when I am working out. I would much rather have tight, toned arms than loose, flabby ones.
    The other thing that Shake Weight has done for me is to increase my range of motion. I do the Shake Weight between programs on commercials for a few minutes each time. I change positions of my arms when each commercial changes, making sure to alternate arms, of course. Some of the workout videos that I have employ the use of dumbbells in their workout. I replace regular weights with the Shake Weight, and I like the results.

9. Jeremy Green

Jeremy GreenMember

Threads:
    I have heard good things about the Shake Weight. At first I was a little skeptical, but many of my friends have found success in only 2 months of using the product.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have seen the commercial and wondered if the product worked. It has gotten good reviews here so I now I feel confident it is a good product and will purchase one. My arms need help and I don't like doing push ups. The largest concern voiced here has been not that the product does not work but people don't like looking silly doing the exercise. I have no problem looking silly if I have toned upper arms.

11. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    My friend has one of these. I think her mom bought it, but I don't really see a difference in anyone's arms after they've had it for a while. Maybe they stopped using it, but I'm not sure. I have tried it though from them, and shaking the thing back and forth for a while does tire your arms a bit, but it's more boring and monotonous than anything. I mean, I'd probably enjoy jogging for 6 minutes more because time goes by faster and I at least get a change in scenery.

12. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    I have one but never really stuck with using it but i think after reading some post of others that have success with it i will stay with it for two weeks and see the results. Every time i did try it i never really felt anything but it is something i will retry.

13. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    i have never tried anything like this before. However, for those who might find it boring, it might be an idea to use it while dancing. Then the exercise would not be that monotonous.

14. mimi8zm

mimi8zmMember

Threads:
    I have seen the infomercial but was apprehensive about the results it can really bring. Glad you let us know that it does work. Was really considering getting one for myself and my husband. Now, I think I might really get one.

15. cards538

cards538New Member

Threads:
    I'm glad I found this thread! A shake weight sounds like it would be very interesting and potentially very useful. I've heard mixed reviews of it- some people say it really helps them and some people said it's a scam. I'm starting to think that the people who said it's a scam are just too lazy to use it and see the results. This thread really renewed my faith in it. I'm considering buying one now since I was thinking it might be helpful to build up my forearms and biceps for baseball.

16. Dr23

Dr23Member

Threads:
    Say what you will about the Shake Weight's use as an actual tool to workout, the fact remains it is arguably the best gag gift of the past five years. We've all seen the commercials with the suggestive ladies and the grunting men (seriously, why are they grunting) which has turned birthdays, showers and other parties as a perfect time to gift the Shake Weight.

I wish we could figure out a % of how many people bought the weight for its intended purpose versus how many purchased it as a joke.

17. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard some really great things about this piece of equipment and although I haven't gotten one yet, I think I might this weekend. The Shake Weight targets the area of the arm that I need help with...the tricepts. Mine are starting to sag and flap...not very attractive. This seems easy to use and is reasonably priced. I will let you know how it goes.

18. streakanime

streakanimeMember

Threads:
    I bought a shake weight a few months back at a local department store. After taxes, I only paid about twenty dollars for the piece of equipment. I really like it. It is helpful, it really makes your arms stronger and it is something to do in spare time. I take them thing with me and use it if I get stuck sitting somewhere for a while. I really do not think it is a bad investment. Not to mention, it is fairly cheap now.

19. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I am one of the very few people I know who bought one of these. As soon as I got home and showed it to my husband, he laughed and said, "Well, you may as well toss that into the yard sale pile in the garage." But, with an I'll-show-him determination, I vowed to give it my best shot. I used it faitfully for 4 weeks, 3 times a week, following the DVD to the letter. I took my measurements before (13.5") and at the end of the 4 weeks (13.5"). You read that right...I didn't lose not even 1/16th of an inch, nor did my arms feel any stronger or look any different. My weight was the same, too, so that wasn't it either.

But I did manage to get $5 for it in our last yard sale. :eek:

20. JoshTheboss

JoshThebossMember

Threads:
    [video=youtube;Ys-ozKsEJhQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys-ozKsEJhQ[/video]