The Shake Weight!

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by xtina3907 • Mar 29, 2012.

1. toughtrasher

toughtrasherNew Member

Threads:
    Can anyone actually confirm that the shake weight takes 6x less time than lifting regular weights?
    They say those are facts by big companies like NASA, but I doubt that the bobbing weight really gives you a 6 time advantage over some other people.

Is there anyone that's tried both lifting weights and shake weight, and can report if they have a difference after the workout? I'd like to purchase myself one but not sure if it'll better than my regular dumbbells.

2. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    I have never used the shake weight, but I have heard many great things about it. It's definitely not for me, as I think it has many things about it that I am not comfortable with. I am just not convinced that it works as well as people say that it does, and I don't want to waste my money.

3. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    You can read my review of the Shakewegiht on page 2 of this thread. I think it's a joke. Maybe someone who has never worked out before or is extemely weak and has small arms to begin with might see a tiny change after a couple of months. But it in no way compares to using dumbbells, at least for me. I can see a difference in my arm tone when I use dumbbells within a couple week. Four weeks of using the Shakeweight did nothing but waste my time.

4. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    This! It looks so silly. If it works come back and let us know. You could do a lot of arm exercises without having to buy anything. You should look on youtube.com for arm exercises.
    [video=youtube;GRjTQ7RrjUs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRjTQ7RrjUs[/video]

5. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Great to hear personal experiences. I am always wary about products seen on TV . If it works for you hold on to it.. don't let what others say about it matter to you. You stand to gain.. or should I say loose:)

6. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I go to the gym several times a week and I workout my arms with dumbbells as well. I tried this product because a cousin of mine ordered one and never got around to using it. It works well and will benefit people who do not have a toning routine for their arms. For people like me who already have a routine it worked like any regular dumbbell and did not really show extraordinary results.

7. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    My mother ordered has the Shake weight, I tried it. I have to say it is a great product. You can feel the burn when using it. I do not have a routine for my arms and I do not have any dumbbells so I cannot say if one works better than the other, but I have to say the Shake Weight does what it promises. If you have never really worked your arms out it is a challenge.

8. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I think it was the shake weight that Ellen made fun of on her television show one day. My neighbor bought a pair of shake weights and swears that it helped shape her arms. She made me quite tempted to try it out and i just may one day. Looks like it could be fun...

9. bogdanbogdys

bogdanbogdysNew Member

Threads:
    I really don't know what shake weight is but really i prefer going to the gim. I don't trust this kind of accesories...

10. AngryItalian

AngryItalianMember

Threads:
    I have the shake weight as well, and I can say that it improves my arm muscles. I got better results when I warmed up with the shake weight for about 10 minutes an arm. From there I lifted normal 25lb dumbbells and I see excellent shape and form that I would not see with the normal weight lifting routine. I lift weights so I can stay in shape and keep tone, which I can say my shake weight helps we do.

11. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have seen these but never have I used them simply cause I don't feel the need for them

12. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I read a number of reviews about the shake weight before purchasing it. I used it for two weeks and I did not like it. I felt I got a better arm workout using dumbbells and other arm exercises.

13. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I have to say I guess it is all based on what you are use to or what you prefer. To some the thought of going to the gym is scary. There are a lot of videos that show you how to use your household products to workout. I also feel if you never worked out before maybe they may feel more comfortable using something with great reviews and a little easier. I use my resistance bad too and get a good workout.

14. Mercy77

Mercy77Member

Threads:
    The shake weight really works and I love it. The bopping up and down of the weight actually makes your muscles contract & relax quicker than when you use regular weights. I guess that's what makes it so effective. You really feel the 6 minute workout if you can make it to the 6 minutes. LOL. I think it's a great product. Who cares what you look like doing it if it works? Don't knock it till you try it.

15. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Those things would be terrible for joints.. not to mention, I just would not want to be caught using it LOL. this "fitness" craze is so out of hand now and people will believe anything if they think it might make them look better. Good business idea people.. slap a fitness sticker on it and make tons of money.

16. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Are you really claiming the shake weight product works well? It is universally recognised as a scam and ridiculed everywhere.

It seems as though you are making stuff up to boost your post count because your post doesn't make any sense whatsoever...

17. ReishiSpore

ReishiSporeMember

Threads:
    I know my sister had been wanting this. Seems like it has some good reviews so I will be sure to let her know. Does anyone know where the best place I can buy it from? as her birthday is coming up soon.

18. hellonamesdana

hellonamesdanaMember

Threads:
    My brother got one of these for Christmas a few years ago, and he barely ever used it because he thought it was weird and it made him feel really uncomfortable using it. I will say that it's a serious work out to use though, because I've tried it and I could never last very long.