The ShamWow

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by WinWolfz • Mar 29, 2012.

1. WinWolfz

WinWolfzNew Member

Threads:
    Ok, so we splurged and bought a set of ShamWow's (You know the one, absorbs everything, even dries your dog)! We ended up buying it online, and got three large shams and a mini one for the car. I was very skeptical about them, but they ended up working nicely! We mostly use it on spills around The House, and for drying the dog quickly after a walk or bath. (We live in an area that rains a ton, and don't want dog pawprints all over the furniture!). It works really well, doesn't get that heavy sopping dripping feel that a towel does, and dries really fast too so we can use it multiple times before we toss it in the washer. So far it's gone through the wash a few times, and holds up pretty well.

So, while it was a bit of a splurge buy for us, I think the deal was a good one, as it works out much better in our house!

Have any of you guys bought it before?

2. hummingbirdee

hummingbirdeeMember

Threads:
    I have not purchased the ShamWow because I, too, was skeptical. It looked like a bunch of rags to me. Your review has been helpful and I might just try them now. I also thought the guy who pitches them is kind of creepy. That might have influenced me, too. I am glad to hear that they hold up after washing.

3. rachallen

rachallenNew Member

Threads:
    I have seen this commercial, but haven't bought it yet because I was also skeptical. Thanks for sharing your experiences with it. To me, it just seemed like a lot of money to pay for a towel. But, if it works that well, then it just very well be worth the money.

4. Randomhero

RandomheroMember

Threads:
    I've heard that is works great but it is a tad expensive. I dont have one myself but I've seen a lot of cool youtube videos about it :) You should google it.

5. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    The commercial is ingrained into my brain!

The guy is so creepy haha! I cannot say I have ever felt the urge to purchase one, he just scares me so much!

6. Lieutenant

LieutenantMember

Threads:
    I bought a set for my mother from a local store in town. She likes them but one day she just stopped using them. I am not sure if they are just horrible or if she lost them. She did give me one that I use to clean up oil which probably isn't the best use for it but it does the job.

7. obadiah

obadiahNew Member

Threads:
    I have been skeptical as well but I did break down and bought some recently, however I have not used them yet. I don't have a dog to dry but I tend to be incredibly clumsy so I am sure I will be cleaning up after myself quite a bit! And I plan on using them to dry my car after I wash it. Does anyone else have any suggestions for using them?

8. BooJeanIsIt

BooJeanIsItNew Member

Threads:
    The one I bought didn't soak up the liquid like it did in the commercial, and the sizes were inconvenient....... wondering if its the same one!

9. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I've had a few for a while and cannot complain. They pick almost everything up and make for easy storage. I love using my large one for mopping actually - it makes drying the floor a breeze and since they are so absorbent I have to bend down less to wring out the sham.

10. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I never really believed they could actually do what they say. But good to know that its true! I actually would purchase these to dry the floors after mopping. I think it would be a good investment.

11. melmac

melmacMember

Threads:
    I haven't purchased the ShamWow, but I've heard nothing but good things about the product (not only including your review). They're always having sales or deals to get people to buy their first ShamWow package, but I just haven't forked over the money yet. I think it might be time to start! Thanks for the info.

12. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I have been wanting to purchase some ShamWows for a while now because they look so convenient. Thank you for posting your review; now I feel more comfortable knowing that it actually works and isn't another informercial gimmick.

13. brentcsi101

brentcsi101New Member

Threads:
    At first they looked too good to be true. Buy after numerous people saying that they do actually work, I may buy a few. I wash my car often and anything to make cleaning up faster is good.

14. Jeremy Green

Jeremy GreenMember

Threads:
    I have tried them and they work great. They pick up a lot of things, which is nice compared to using a bunch of towels.

15. Maverickhope

MaverickhopeNew Member

Threads:
    I was given a set for Christmas a few years back. I had issue with them from the start. I couldn't get them to absorb water much less anything else as well as towel does. They always left some water behind. I didn't have a problem with them dripping since the absorbtion was minimal. I wouldn't reccommend them, but that is my opinion.

16. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I have used something similar before. These are a great purchase if they work like the other items that I have used. If they do not work like this, then I would be skeptical of how these will be working.

17. kennyrip

kennyripNew Member

Threads:
    i actually have a stock pile of shamwows, i think they are absoultly awsome, for counters, cars, and everything in between, the wife didnt believe me untill i showed her how good they actually are

18. Emmas_Nana

Emmas_NanaNew Member

Threads:
    I purchased a set of these and was not at all impressed. They did soak up water, but not at all like on television. I have tried them on spills, the dogs, on the car, and some other things. I feel I could do just as well with a bath towel. I ended up giving them to my daughter. I don't know if she has used them or not. She hasn't said. I will not be buying them again.

19. jacklinmor

jacklinmorNew Member

Threads:
    I have seen your web site portal and there are many modern design for furniture also, so I will prefer your web site for selecting appropriate design to make new furniture, so when I will go for new furniture than I will check some special design from your web site portal.

20. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    I have used ShamWows in a restaurant type setting but I've never thought of using it t dry my dog. That would actually be really helpful because I usually use 2 or 3 towels when drying him.