Theyre All The Same?

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by pwarbi • Mar 28, 2015.

1. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    Is it just me that has problems with mobile providers?
    I think through the years I must have been with every company and I have to say the customer service, either over the phone or on line is an absolute joke! Its like they the ain there staff in how to be rude, not answer your questions and then try and sell you something completely different to what you wanted in the first place!

2. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Customer service everywhere is nuts. Most times, in the U.S. at least, you end up talking to someone you know is an ocean away. The problem with that is that neither of you understands very well what the other is saying. Your complaints or need for assistance almost always become a lesson in communication, and by the time you get off the phone you're just relieved to be off the phone. Even if you aren't a hundred percent certain your problem has been dealt with.

3. worldmachine

worldmachineActive Member

Threads:
    Things are no better in the UK, mobile providers here don't want to know if you have a problem, they are only interested in selling you extras that you don't need. Some companies are marginally better than others but there's little to choose between them.

I had a problem with a sim card recently that was making my phone unusable, i took it in to my local phone providers store, the staff couldn't have cared less, i was met with total indifference and told to call a customer service number. After getting nowhere with that i was directed to a call centre in India, i tried pouring my heart out about my problem but i couldn't understand them, they couldn't understand me and they ended up saying ''have a nice day'' and put the phone down. I'm still in shock about it now.

4. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    Well it gives me some comfort knowing its not just me then!

The webchat service a lot of these companies can be absolutely appalling. I thought this was supposed to make it easier but the ones I've dealt with anyway are the most ignorant, obnoxious individuals...even worse than the ones on the phone and that's saying something.

5. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSportsActive Member

Threads:
    I would say that everyone has their own respective problems with their own phone providers. You really do not have a best option whenever it comes to choosing a carrier anyways, because there is basically only 3 options. You do not choose a best carrier, you just choose the one that sucks the least.

6. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSportsActive Member

Threads:
    Also, something that I definitely forgot to mention in my earlier post on this thread: there are some phone providers that do better in certain areas, and there are providers that have no towers near where you live. I currently have AT&T, and while they certainly have a lot of flaws, they have excellent reception near my school and near my house, so they are currently my best option whenever it comes to a provider. It's different for everyone.