Thrill From A Good Bargain

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Ke Gordon • Jun 16, 2016.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you get a rush from finding a good bargain? Is almost like a euphoric experience? I really love it when I can
    find something for less. I love finding bargains, and when I can find items for less is very excting. Maybe I need more fun in my life! Well, maybe if I get enough good bargains..I can find some. What about you? Do you love a great bargain?

2. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do enjoy it. I have to admit that I do get a bit of rush when I find an exceptional deal. I find it fun to seek out the best bargains (even though sometimes it can be a lot of work). My mother and I sometimes compare notes, like a bit of friendly competition. I had a friend that used to do the same.

Getting something for less means I can save that money or use it to buy something else I want or need. I love telling my husband about all the money I've saved us. He has even taken to looking for better deals sometimes.

Some people are embarrassed about bargain shopping, but not me. Living well for less is always a good thing in my book.

3. Ke Gordon

Threads:
    I don't see any reason to be embarrassed about something that saves you money. However, some people are all about image and try to maintain the best..whether they can afford to or not. I like to spend as little money as possible on items. I think that to spend more than you need to is silly. However, not all items are comparable and that is something that needs to be taken into consideration as well.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ah, who doesn't love a good bargain!?! I LOVE it when I stumble across a good bargain, I actually feel like jumping up and down and shouting in sheer glee LOL Actually, I have been known to do that from time to time. I also love it when someone compliments me on or ask about something I got for a fraction of the price. I like to see their jaw drop when they hear how much I paid. I'm also very good at finding them.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Bargains galore love it too! Especially when the bargain is just what you needed when you needed it it's all the more sweeter things in life to experience. I love bargains, but you can't beat free!

6. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Depends. Sometimes even if I find just a pound saving that can excite me when I am broke, because then i can buy other treats with it. It's also especially nice when you have an exact shopping budget plan, and unexpected deals make it come out to a lot less than you expected, then you can treat yourself to other stuff while you are there.

7. sunnyside

sunnysideActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yes! I do like to find a good bargain on something that I want. It is a great money saver. Finding bargains allows the money I have to spend to go farther thus allowing me to buy more. This type of shopping does give one a positive feeling. One has to know where to shop to get the best bargains. It is amazing to find great discrepancy in the prices of some items from one store to another. Sometimes the price difference is so great and yet it is the identical item.

8. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Oh I love that feeling, as I am sure we all do. I am kind of a natural cynic though, so I do tend to come down to reality pretty quickly thereafter and realize that I did just spend money, so that is never really good for me, but right after when I know how much I am saving it is great. It is like that little grace period before I realize it. Seeing a few jaw drops would make me feel pretty good too @Lushlala@Lushlala

9. DiscountDreams

DiscountDreamsActive Member

Threads:
    I do sometimes yeah. I love hunting at one of the local grocery restock/overstock sellers and finding the crazy deals that pop up from time to time, but other than that, it's just another day.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes of course I do love a great bargain. I actually get euphoric on those days where I would be able to win a phone on Ebay for less than $20 or $25. Sometimes I actually get to win a bag for like a dollar only when I have no other bidding competitor, lol. Those were the days where I had more money to spare for my luxury items.

11. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know, @rz3300@rz3300! The thing is, in as much as I LOVE to shop, people get the impression I must squander money willy nilly. BUT I do hunt for bargains and never spend beyond my budget. I've actually had to scale it right back because money's a little bit tight, and I have priorities LOL -which is something of a killer for someone who used to shop a few times a month hehe

12. Ke Gordon

Threads:
    I once bought a small decorator shelf from Dollar Tree, that looked really nice. It was only a buck! Now, several years later the corner has broken off, and I am going to try to glue it..because I have noticed for something similar now, the least I can buy it for is about six something plus shipping. I knew that was a great buy at the time, I should have gotten 3 or 4.

13. Ke Gordon

Threads:
    Yes, there are a couple of local places like that here. One of them frequently gets in truckload sales, and has items that are far less than you would find anywhere else. I love it when I can go there and get really great bargains. It is always a thrill to find a coup like that. My only concern is when I find I really good deal like that, I am usually so busy buying essentials, that sometimes I don't have the money for it.

14. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I've done that too. I just know I should buy more of something, but I think I'll get back there before it's gone. Then, I'm kicking myself later (but on the other hand, I don't like to overbuy, either).

I love a good truck load sale. It's such fun. A friend of mine used to hit all the sales with me before she moved away. We'd make a day of it.

Oh, this is the best (it just shows that you have great taste but still don't have to break the bank). I love those jaw dropping moments ... it's fun to "show off" your best bargains a bit sometimes. :D

15. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :(Know how you feel...done that too.

16. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    I'm with you, is quite exciting!. Is like finding something cool on the floor of a street. When urges arise after stumbling upon a great bargain sale, you can't help it but going all in and buy that, even if is not something you were looking for in first place. Since is a cheap rarity, It often will have some uses regardless of what is it (except drugs and sex toys, maybe).

17. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it is normal for a person to seek a bargain. I remember when we were buying a bed during a sale in the nearby home depot. My husband and I were like kids rushing up and down the ground floor to the 3rd floor in search of an ideal bed for us. The discounts were from 10% up to 30%. It was exciting even if it took us more than an hour to choose which bed to buy.

And then we saw this couple. They are very rich and quite famous so we watched them out of our curiosity. The husband was checking on a mirror and asking the attendant if the 20% discount can be increased to 25% if he would pay in cash. My husband shook his head and whispered to me that sales and discounts have a natural magnet for people, rich or poor alike.