Tips for a Successful Cyber Monday

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by ChristiQ • Oct 3, 2012.

1. ChristiQ

ChristiQMember

Threads:
    Cyber Monday is a great way to find the things you've missed from your shopping list. You will find great deals and will often score free shipping. But, just like any other shopping trip, there can be some frustration and disappointment. Here are a few tips to help you succeed this Cyber Monday.

Register early. Go ahead and sign up online at any stores you may be shopping on Cyber Monday. This will save you time later when you're trying to get the deal before it's sold out. While you're doing this, login and check your information at stores you are already registered for. An expired credit card or old address can really slow down the checkout process.

Be sure your internet connection is strong and fast. A fast internet connection is the difference between getting the deal and not getting the deal. If your internet connection is slow, the deal may be gone by the time your shopping cart loads. Turn off any other devices (Roku, xbox, Wii, etc) that may be using your internet too.

Know what "regular" prices really are. You're going to have to do a little research for this one. A lot of stores say something is on sale X% off, but that is usually X% of manufacturers suggested retail price. A store, like Amazon, will list something as 33% off, when the "sale price" is the same as the regular price at other stores. So, it's not really a sale.

Don't sweat it if you don't get it. The world is not going to end if you don't get the Furby or whatever that was on sale. There are going to be some deals that you miss. Don't let it get you down. Be happy with what you were able to get.

Don't give in to compulsive shopping. Don't buy something just because it's a good deal. If you can't use it, it's a waste of money. If it's not needed (or wanted by the person you're going to give it to), it's a waste of money.

What tips do you have for Cyber Monday shopping?

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have never tried Cyber Monday shopping before so I can't provide any tips. I do appreciate your tips, they will be quite helpful this year as we are hoping to try and get some good deals on electronics this year. Thanks!

3. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the tips. I would find them very useful on the next Cyber Monday. I'm very sorry that I can't give any tips myself. I haven't shopped online on that day before, and that's such a shame. :(