Tips to a smaller belly

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by love2loveu • Jun 11, 2012.

1. love2loveu

love2loveuMember

Threads:
    What are some of your work out tips to help trim the fat off of the dreaded belly area?

2. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    I think it is difficult, I too carry my weight there. You need to firstly burn fat, then secondly tone. To burn fat you need to exercise your main muscle groups, for example, running or cycling, even swimming, and then work on toning your mid section. I found Ice Skating was a perfect combination to tackle two birds with one stone, as you were forced to tighten your abs to balance, and you lost weight by skating.

3. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    It is difficult, but I have found the belly bands do wonders. Then you can have them starting to tighten up your muscles as well by doing some crunches.

4. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Most of us have a hard time getting rid of fat in that specific area but there is no reason to give up. What you have to remember is being reasonable and realistic with your expectations will help you stay encouraged and focused. If you want to have a supermodel body and expect it within a month just get surgery because its unreasonable to think you can in a month. Remember that everyone has abdominal muscles - they are just covered by fat. If you dont lose the fat you can work those muscles all you want and never see those pretty abs you've been working at. Having a healthy combination of cardio, toning, sculpting and weight lifting will help you get there at a normal pace that your body can handle. This also avoids stretch marks because losing and gaining too quickly is what causes your skin to break. Cardio is important for all workouts regardless of the main goal since it burns overall energy and keeps your stamina up. Toning and sculpting will ensure your muscles look even and function properly through out your workouts - this is also what gives you that nice smooth look on problem areas like thighs and under arms. Weight lifting promotes muscular form and gives you that extra needed struggle to really get your muscles going. When you think of weight lifting dont think of huge weights or expensive systems - we are talking a pair of dumb bells and a medicine ball. What you are looking for is some sort of resistence so your muscles have something to work for. All of this coupled with a healthy eating pattern is really the best way to a smaller belly. Given that is it the hardest area to lose from you will most likely lose weight in other areas before your belly starts to look better - this is normal and many woman are bothered by this because they dont want to lose other things like sexy curvy thighs, breast size and sometimes even their butt. I had an issue with this when I started working out. I didn't want to lose anything BUT my belly and it seemed impossible until I noticed I was looking at it all wrong. I began taking a realistic approach to it and noticed I shrunk evenly so it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Remember to stay focused and this is a way of life. You have to keep it up, working out for a few months and then stopping for a whole year will obviously not give you what you want and it essence you will be "yo-yo dieting" which is extremely unhealthy.

Good Luck ;)

5. norm17

norm17New Member

Threads:

very informative post...thanks for sharing :)

6. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I would suggest you step on the treadmill first before you consider lifting weights and do sit ups and curl ups. You have to concentrate on burning fats first and this could be achieve by regular exercise like jogging and also cut down carbs on your diet as carbs helps fat synthesis.

7. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    That isn't 100% true. Google lifting weights and burning fat. Muscle will burn off more fat even at rest than not having muscle mass. It is a balance of both cardio and building muscle mass that will burn off the fat faster than just doing cardio.

I dropped fat last fall by doing treadmill work but I also bought a set of dumb bells and made up a routine of exercises to help add muscle mass and then did strength/cardo exercises like push-ups, sit ups, burpies and jumping jacks.

It is hard work but it works.

8. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    You burn the same amount of fat with 15 minutes of weight lifting than with 2 hours of jogging. You do the math

9. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Myself, I do it the slow and steady way. Now I am working on getting rid of the excess fat by going down to just one main meal a day. Next thing I am going to do is to firm up the flab. Probably I will be using weights because there is a set in the house, together with an exercise bench.

10. Colbert

ColbertNew Member

Threads:

- It's simple to Feel Practical Everyday

Staying comfortable. Doing exercises. These appear like two radically different concepts.

But would not it be great if you could somehow combine them? If there was clearly a product that might provide you with comfort and provides the muscles a good work out?

Footwear by MBT, which means

, does more than merely feel and look good.

11. Declan

DeclanBanned

Threads:
    Hi All,
    Some tips to get your belly small. Do exercise regularly to manage stress and never skip breakfast. Do take low carb food n your daily meals and add celery, broccoli, green beans, asparagus, apples, strawberries and green tea in your diet plans. Do take more proteins in your meals and avoid eating late.

12. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I just pretty much do crunches, unexciting but it works, my tummy is flat. But yeah, I have been reading more about interval training where you do a short spurt of high intensity (like 8 seconds or similar) and then less intense and alternate for a period of time. They say that one burns belly fat much faster! Also eliminating foods that you are allergic to and are not good for you.

13. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    Although you can't really spot reduce, I think diet plays a huge role in belly fat. Therefore, it is necessary to eat lots of fiber from whole grains, fruits and vegetables. Also, it is important to eat healthy fats found in nuts, seeds, avocado, olive oil, dark chocolate, etc. However, you need to make sure you are controlling portion size and caloric intake as well. Also, make sure you are drinking tons of water. Studies show green tea can also help aid weight loss. Beyond that, strength training and cardio at least 3 times a week.

14. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    It really is about losing overall weight. I know that my belly is my softest part, too, but unless I lose weight across the board, then I can't tell any difference in my tummy area. Even toning the area doesn't help because you can't see anything under the flab.

15. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    Lots of interesting information here. I like to hear all points of view, to see what the consenus would be, for the best way to attack. Thanks so much for sharing.

16. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I think it starts with eating the right foods because without that you'll still have the stubborn belly fat. I watch what I eat and I try to eat salads, vegetables, and rice. I don't eat that much bread because of all the carbs, and my stomach is flat as it's ever. Crunches help to tone the stomach muscles, but without eating right it's useless. Walking for at least a mile a day will help to burn those extra calories after a meal.

17. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Have you tried intermittent fasting, I am told that it helps get rid of belly fats. I find it hard to get the fat off this area.. I have been working on this for a month nearly.. I will let you know if I find success with what I do.

18. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Aside from the usual ab workout exercises, the quickest way to get rid of your gut is to go to the bathroom more often and to have your visits be more productive. Try taking psyllium husk capsules a few times a day until things, er pick up. After you spend a day emptying your gut, cut back to just a capsule or two a day. Just be sure to drink plenty of water. Of course, the combination of psyllium and exercise is the best thing because you want to keep your metabolism from slowing down.

19. Jentry07

Jentry07New Member

Threads:
    Belly fat is a hard one to get rid of you, you can do all the sit ups you want but if you are not incorporating cardio and a healthy diet you'll never see that belly disappear and those abs show!

20. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I needed this thread! Thank you! I will re-read all of the suggestions