Tire Monitor Valve Caps

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Diane Lane • Aug 9, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recently learned of this ingenious invention. I will eventually have to replace my tires, but I don't have the money, so for now, I try to stay on top of making sure the tire pressure is accurate. Although it doesn't take long, stooping down to check my tire pressure on a regular basis hurts my back, so I decided to invest in a set of tire monitor valve caps. What they do is change color, depending on the air pressure in your tires. I put them on yesterday, and thankfully, 3 of my tires are fine, but the one that always seems to lose air pressure more quickly shows a slight deficiency, so I'll take care of that the next time I go out.

These devices vary widely in price and also level of function. The ones I got were very low cost, and I purchased them on eBay, from China. I was a little unsure of whether they'd actually work, but I'm happy to say that I definitely got my money's worth, and then some. I have a friend who is watching a set that costs around $100, but if I had that kind of money, I'd set it aside to use for the purchase of tires, and buy the cheaper tire monitor valve caps instead. The $100 set tells the actual tire pressure, rather than just changing colors, but I don't need that level of information. tire monitor valve caps.

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I started looking around, and found all sorts of tire valve covers, in case anyone wants to personalize theirs. They have ones for sports teams, to show support for law enforcement, to show your love for animals (if i didn't need the pressure monitor ones I bought, I'd probably buy those), and many other causes/interests. I found a bunch of them listed

at Walmart.com, but I'm sure they can also be purchased elsewhere, since I got mine on eBay. If I get a newer vehicle or new tires in the future, I might get some of the paw print ones.

3. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Wow! What genius thought up that idea.? It never even occurred to me. However, though, tire air checkers don't have to have color changing. They still do the job. Finally, whatever the type of valve, make sure you check the pressure cause busted tires cost money that could have been saved.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our small car is a Mitsubishi Mirage with the feature of the tire pressure monitor. You can check the tire pressure on the dashboard meters. However, when we checked on it. there was no display. And when we asked the dealer, oh, there's a missing part that we need to purchase so the tire gauge monitor will function. That also goes with the tv that we need to buy a part to avail of that feature. And since that missing part is expensive so we are content with checking on the tire pressure whenever we would fill up in the gas station.