Tire Rotation Can Save You Some Money

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Denis Hard • Jan 9, 2016.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Tires are expensive so it would be in your best interests [and good for you wallet] if you can extend their life expectancy and tire rotation can get you just that.

But you just don't "rotate" tires and expect that their life will be extended. You need to do it right. You can learn more here:

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's not my job to do that but some people have advised us on that tire rotation. But my husband said that it is a huge effort to rotate the tires because it is more tedious than having a flat tire. Actually it's like having 4 flat tires. And since we change our tires every 2 years while they are not yet worn out, we deem it useless to rotate the tires. But for those who want to save on tires, that is a good idea besides the effort.

3. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Agree there are without doubt numerous benefits to be gained from doing this - however as one of the most important reasons to rotate tires is safety - it is something that everyone should do at least once year.

In fact there really isn't any reason not to - particularly as - not only is regular tire rotation a condition of most tire warranties and failure to do so would invalidate the warranty - but most tire stores - provided the tires were purchased from them - will rotate the tires and balance the wheels for free.

If not - as balancing and having wheel alignment checked when rotating tires is generally recommended - due to the fact that driving a car with unbalanced wheels or wheels out of alignment can cause uneven wear on tires and more importantly put unnecessary stress on other areas of the car and failure to do so could result in unnecessary extra costs that would wipe out any savings made by just rotating the tires - the next best money saving alternative - would be to be have the tires rotated and balanced each time the car goes for its yearly service - particularly as - because the wheels are most likely coming off anyway - for brake repairs - its unlikely that you would have to pay extra for them to be rotated and balanced.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    My dad has always told me this. It's much better to keep the car maintained and in the end I'll have a much more long lasting car and all the elements in it. Not only in tire rotation but in most everything else such as checking oil levels and brake fluids and such. I think this is such good advice because even an older car can get a lot more use if it's maintained in this way, and perhaps even more so since it's a lot more necessary to keep older cars maintained because they break down a lot easier, but not with proper care.