Total Gym 1000

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by Intensity • May 17, 2014.

1. Intensity

IntensityNew Member

Threads:
    HAs anyone else ever bought or used the Total Gym 1000? I purchased this product a number of years back, it worked rather well given the design, and the fact that it is simply a pully-system machine. I was extremely impressed with this product, just wondering if anyone else has the product, and if so, did you get the results you were hopeful to get?

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I had one, but it was the more expensive model - I paid like $1,500 for it. I barely used it and didn't like it at all. Maybe the base model was easier to work with but the one I had weighed a ton, was a pain in the butt to assemble and disassemble and was way too big overall when fully set up, for me to be able to use it - I was constantly bumping into other near by furniture. The wires all hung out loosely, and didn't wind up at all, so they were constantly getting tangled in everything when I was trying to fold it down to store it away. There was no way that thing was fitting under my bed, as shown in the commercials, and I could barely even fit it into my closet when it was upright. I practically had to "walk" it across the floor too because it was so heavy.

As for the exercises themselves, I didn't care for the "free form" movement of the bands and grips. Trying to pull your body weight up the track with those cords was a real easy way to pull out your shoulder if you were doing it at the wrong angle.

There were too many separate loose parts as well. I was constantly spilling those exercise cards all over the place, when trying to put it away.

3. wlrahilly

wlrahillyNew Member

Threads:
    I actually owned the total gym 2000 and I loved it. It kept me motivated to work out daily and really toned me up. The only problem though is it fell apart too quickly. Almost as if the parts were cheaply made and there was a recall on one of the parts as well. Other than that, I love this little bench. Does the job well.

4. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I had a total gym and used it for a little while mainly to tone up my arms but didn't really use it for anything else. Kind of wish I had gotten more into the MANY exercises they had available for toning. But it seemed a bit fussy for me, I use the gazelle and it's an aerobic work out and muscle toner as well and it's more simple to use. The total gym seems like it would be a really good replacement for traditional weights and safer to use.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been curious about the Total Gym. The infomercials make it looks so great, but it's pretty pricey. It would be worth it if it worked though. It's cheaper than buying all the gym equipment that I would need to make a home gym.

6. limitless1585

limitless1585Member

Threads:
    I used the Total Gym 1000 and I wasn't satisfied at all. It was such a waste of money. You will get some results but nothing more than you will get from push ups or pull ups. Don't waste your money on this machine when you can get the same results for free or with a pull up bar of 20 dollars.

7. Taki

TakiMember

Threads:
    I had the best of intentions when I purchased this wonder product after watching the hour long ad on television for what seemed the 100th time. But after owning one for a few months I found that I craved the atmosphere of the gym more than I though I would. I sold mine for $500 and joined Total Fitness for $20 a month and never looked back!