Toys R Us Stores

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by dconklin • Apr 11, 2012.

1. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I am not sure if they are available out of US, but I believe they have locations internationally so I didn't check any countries.

Do you shop at Toys R Us for the kids toys? I know some toys are a little bit more expensive and that sometimes chases people away from the store. I have noticed tho, many times there are toys you can't find anywhere but Toys R Us. There are also many times that Toys R Us is cheaper then going to other stores for toys. I love this store! That and if you sign up for the birthday club, your child gets a happy birthday phone call from Geoffrey the Giraffe :) They also get 2 coupons, 1 for $5 off $25 or more and another for $3 off any purchase.

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have kids, but I love this store. When my nephews were younger, I bought most of their gifts there. When I was studying Spanish, I bought some very simple Spanish DVDs and flash cards for me! I can't stay in the store very long because it is very kid friendly. Meaning that kids are allowed to run free and play with toys in the isles. It's a bit much for me though the kids seems to just love it.

3. renmew

renmewMember

Threads:
    I have three kids and have bought several toys from Toys-R-Us. The stores really seem to have everything, which is nice. I have found the prices to be pretty good, especially on bicycles. One piece of advice - always use the price scanners available throughout the store. I have found the price tags on the shelves to be wrong often enough to always scan before getting in line. Most of the time, when the prices are lowered in the computer, no one has changed the label on the shelf. Twice, though, the scanned price was larger, and I was able to get help from an employee before getting in line and have an issue there.

One last thing... they have some items available online only. You can choose free shipping to the store for pickup. That works beautifully, especially just before Christmas, when we all want to avoid as many stores as possible.

4. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    This is why I often go when the kids are in school ;) It gets us out of the store faster and it is mainly adults cruising around mindlessly looking for that special toy. There are times I bring the kids there and let them stroll around the store with me. It is amazing that my kids do not beg to go often, they really are well behaved. Toys R Us is literally next door to the food store that we go to often!

5. Randomhero

RandomheroMember

Threads:
    This store is pretty great, I haven't been inside it for years since I moved though. They dont have one where I live(Hawaii).

6. daisiesndots

daisiesndotsMember

Threads:
    I go to there occasionally. I like that they offer a much bigger selection that Walmart or Target. And there are many times when the toy that I am looking for will only be in stock at Toys R Us and not at the other stores. My son loves Team Umizoomi and Toys R Us is the only store that currently offers these toys. I have one toy that I am looking for so I have been stopping by Toys R Us a lot more than usual lately trying to find this toy! There prices are high so I only buy the toys that I know I cant find at discount stores such as Walmart or Target.

7. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    Is it really good? I had given up on them as they are not the cheapest one around. I ll be sure to check again, though since you all think it's great and has good deals

8. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    We have many of these here in Miami however its not always the best bang for your buck. Being such a populated place we have baby needs stores in many areas that offer a variety of prices. A little shopping and comparing needs to be done to get the best deals; sometimes they are from Toys R' Us and sometimes they are from different stores like Motherhood, the Children's Place or even La Ideal Baby store. They do give good loyalty points for their loyalty program but for the most part they can be a bit pricey.

9. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    Aww that's sweet that the kids get a birthday call!

If I want to go to Toys R Us, I have to drive about an hour and a half because it's at the mall. I live in the boonies. I even have to drive 30 minutes to get to Walmart! Anyway, I did really love Toys R Us as a kid and their selection is awesome. I'd definitely shop there if it was closer, but probably not too often since the prices can be a bit high if I recall correctly.

10. lwyatt21

lwyatt21New Member

Threads:
    I ALWAYS get the best bargains for new toys from Toy r us! If you use coupons and wait for sales you can get toys and clothes from there for pennies on the dollar. I also love stocking up on diapers there when they go on sale.

11. mirage1440

mirage1440Member

Threads:
    I shop here for things I can't find at other stores. I find Target has a much better toy section and their prices are cheaper. I only go to Toys R Us if I have a coupon or if there is something special that I am looking for. We also have a local toy store called Over The Rainbow Toys that offers many Melissa and Doug products and good quality wooden toys. I prefer that to the plastic stuff at Toys R Us.

12. vxacid

vxacidNew Member

Threads:
    I don't like Toys R us. The employees are pretty obnoxious and unhelpful most of the time. For the best price, just shop on Amazon.com, or if it's hobby related (Trading cards, etc) try a local hobby shop!

13. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Never been to one, but from what I've seen on movies and photos, they're HUGE, and basically every child's dream. I loved toy stores as a kid and would have loved to get into a giant place full of toys to play for hours!

14. GrandmaHugme

GrandmaHugmeMember

Threads:
    Thirty-five years ago, when my son was 5 years old, I was always concerned about having toys for christmas. Then I discovered that Toys R Us had a weekend Green Tag Sale with huge discounts on items that were no longer going to be sold at their store. I regularly went there and found games, plastic toys, and even a riding train set at 50% to 70% off! I would hide everything in my car trunk until I could get it to Grandma's house and then Grandpa would hide everything in the attic for the next few months until Christmas arrived. I think I had as much fun in Toys R Us as the kids did! I wonder if they still have Green Tag Sales? Does anyone know?

15. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    Being that you have to drive an extra hour, I wouldn't say you would save anything and it wouldn't be worth it. If it was the same distance as Walmart, you may be able to make out good with it. I have found that Toys R Us runs more specials on the popular toys and I have found them cheaper on many items over our Walmart. But our Walmart is horrible. They closed and built a Super Walmart which seems to be a little better, but we will see. The prices used to only look cheaper on the shelf, but if you watched it scan you would see it ring up at a higher price.

16. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I have never got diapers from there before. Our Toys R Us finally merged with Babies R Us to become one store a couple of years ago and both of my kids were out of diapers by then. Before the merge, ours did not sell diapers and the closest Babies R Us was 40 minutes away. I didn't realize their diapers were cheaper too, that is awesome!

Their coupons are great and it is nice to get the coupons for the kids' birthdays, it helps!

17. brittanytruskosky

brittanytruskoskyMember

Threads:
    I love Toys are Us. You definately have more options for your children considering the store is dedicated to just toys. I love it. I don't think a lot of their toys are badly priced at all. They do have expensive things I sometimes cannot afford. I try to take my kids there whenever I have the extra money and let them pick out something theirselves. I go there for their Birthday and Christmas presents. It's a great store for children and I'm glad it's around.

18. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    They do have some great sales there too. My friend went recently during a 50% off sale and got a TON of stuff, and was even still able to use coupons on top of the big sale.

19. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I have gotten some great deals on toys there over the years. They are like any store. you have to watch for sales.

20. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    The only time I have ever shopped at them was for Christmas they were selling some V-tech stuff buy one get one. This was a great deal and so I went for that. Other then that I find them to be overpriced for the same items I can get from Walmart. Same brand and everything, for about half the price. Choice is simple when the stores are right next to each other!