Toys R Us

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Libragirl67 • Apr 22, 2013.

1. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    Is going to a store like Toys R Us really worth all the time and effort? Are they not way more expensive than other stores that have the same thing? What is the big deal about these stores?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Toys R Us has certain specialized toys that other stores don't have. They do not sell Sonic the Hedgehog or Naruto toys at Walmart or Kmart, but Toys R Us has Sonic the Hedgehog, Naruto, and a wide variety of Pokemon toys.

If your kid is a fan of certain characters that are scarce in toy form, you can either buy them online or go to Toys R Us. Toys R Us also has a rewards card. My first reward recently printed when I used my card and it was a coupon for 20% off my entire purchase. That's not bad.

If your kid likes very popular, general stuff like Barbie, you can buy them a Barbie anywhere, even at the supermarket. But if your kid is a fan of certain shows, you need Toys R Us and they are cheaper than ordering the toy online.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really think they are really expensive. They do have specialty toys. It's my favorite place to shop for a special toy or a toy that's not a traditional girl toy.

4. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:

The good thing about toy R us is that they have a really big selection when it comes to toys and usually they have most of the new toys. BUT, they are so overpriced that I would not shop there, it is crazy some of the prices that they have on the toys on which a lot of times you can find a lot cheaper at other stores like Walmart, Kmart or even Target. So i guess the reason a lot of people make it out to be this great place for shopping for toys for kids is because of the choices they have, but as for price, nope, too expensive, you won't find me shopping there.

5. marciana

marcianaMember

Threads:
    Aside from wide selection of toys compared to other stores, what I like about ToysRUs is that it does not just sell toys. I do not know in your city, but this one I recently visited have other kids stuff aside from toys. It looks like a one-stop-shop of kids stuff, but of course toys are, and will always be, their flagship product. I was scouting for a nice toy to give my niece who is turning two this May. I headed to ToysRUs with no idea on what toy to buy, but too happy to see that there are also books, towels, mugs, crayons, bibs, kiddie plates and cups, and other kid-related stuff. I ended up buying a toy and a bed time story book.

6. Katewon1

Katewon1Member

Threads:
    Although Toys R Us can be very expensive, they also have GREAT sales. You just have to be lucky enough to be there at the right time. A couple of months ago they had a "Buy one, get TWO free" sale on all Crayola items. That's a good deal. I do most of my shopping at Target, but even low Target prices don't beat that sale. They do a lot of Buy one, Get one free sales. You just have to keep your eyes open and stock up when you can!

7. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    I really don't know what the big deal is about Toys R Us. I prefer Walmart or Target when it comes to buying toys for my children. I guess a plus about Toys R Us is that they will often have the hottest toy available. sometimes stores like Walmart or Target may have them, but the supply is limited. I rarely shop at Toys R Us. I see some people are finding great deals there so maybe I should consider giving them a try.

8. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't find them to be as expensive as others. There prices have dropped lately, I like the fact that there site accepts Paypal now also in this country. We don't have a Toys R Us in the Republic of Ireland, we have Smiths Toys. I loved walking round Toys R Us with my daughter when she was young. I think its fun to walk round with your kids then they can see all the toys and you can see there little faces light up.

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never been a big fan, but then, I don't come from a very big city. Maybe that's why I didn't find the selection all that wonderful? I should take a peek in my new city and see how it compares.

10. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have great memories of Toys R Us from when I was growing up. Toys R Us was iconic among the children when I was growing up, it had a famous theme tune which everyone knew. Going there was worth it just for the experience, even if you didn't buy anything. I haven't been since I was a kid so i don't know what it is like now.

11. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    A lot of people think that Toys R Us is a store that could be easily replaced, because it's just children's toys, but they are kinda wrong. They carry a lot of specific things that a lot of collectors like and they only find it there, so it ends up being a global store.

12. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    In regards to things you can easily get elsewhere, sometimes they are a it overpriced...but as others have mentioned they have specialty toys as well and things you can't always find in cheaper stores. I like them for some things.