Trendy Top- the top that's not!

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by btatro • Apr 25, 2012.

1. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    I just saw an informercial for the Trendy Top- it's the top that's not. It is a piece of Fabric that you put around you waste that makes it appear as though you are wearing an undershirt. It prevents crack from sticking out when you bend over or sit down.....

Why not just wear a cami or long tank underneath? I really don't wear pants that show my buttcrack when I bend over. If I am concerned, I wear a long tank. I would feel silly wearing something just around my waste.

Anybody ever try it?

2. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    It looks like a pretty good idea but why wouldn't you just wear an undershirt? That "top" will have to be extremely tight around your waist so why not just wear a looser undershirt. It has a good motive behind it but just isn't necessary when five undershirts are probably the price of one Trendy Top.

3. daisiesndots

daisiesndotsMember

Threads:
    I think that this product is so silly! I agree, why not just wear a cami underneath? Its what I do! I always wear a cami underneath my clothes. It used to be because I liked to layer the shirts and liked to control the amount of cleavage that showed but I have worn them for so many years that if I am not wearing a cami, I feel completely naked!

4. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Yes this seems to be a good idea gone wrong. Perhaps the marketing department filled the creators head with false ideas of success - if we here on the forum come up with the idea that an undershirt is obviously more effective then those who view the commercial will feel the same when they see the price tag on this item that doesn't really make anything better for your wardrobe.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I went to the website and checked out the video. I think it's a great idea for those who don't want wear an additional layer of clothing. It can cover a multitude of sins. ;) I'm fairly well endowed on top and the last thing I need or want is to wear another layer, even a cami, to add to my bulk. This solves that issue nicely.

6. melmac

melmacMember

Threads:
    I've had tops that cling to my undershirt, so this "top that's not" might be the answer to problem layering. It also resolves the lumpy look that some tops have when you wear undershirts AND when the cut on your top is awkward with most undershirts (such as a racer back cut or plunging neck line). I absolutely hate not wearing an undershirt only because I like the extra length, so I think this is a great invention for fixing the three annoying undershirt problems I listed.

7. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    I can see how it would be useful for the same reasons given by melmac and Parker. However, I'd be more likely to cut one of my old tight black spandex blended t-shirts and sew it into one. That's free! Well, aside from the initial cost of the t-shirt, but I feel like I've gotten my money's worth out of them. Don't pay full, recycle!