Turbie Twist Hair Towel.

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by Kaylah • Nov 27, 2013.

1. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone used this? I'm very interested in getting it, but want to hear of other people's experiences first.

I don't like to blow dry my hair, so I usually wrap my hair in a towel after I get out of the shower. Towels are bulky and don't stay in place for me.

If applicable, what was your experience with using this?

2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard of this as well but not sure if it actually works. It would be nice to know if it does work, would save alot of time on blow drying.

3. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    You should read the comments from buyers on Amazon.com. See their listing for

Overall, the buyers of this produce are saying it's a waste of money. The material is cheap. You can get the same effect pretty much with a towel and a bit of elbow grease.

4. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:

Thanks. I didn't think to look up reviews on Amazon. The reviews are mixed. I'm not sure if it's worth the money when a regular towel provides the same function. Towels are bulky and a pain in the butt sometimes, but the Turbo Twist isn't much different than a regular towel, other than being lighter and having a loop to be tucked in lol.

5. iagirl

iagirlMember

Threads:
    I have 4 of them. I love them. It's small and isn't a huge heavy towel on you head. I think it soaks up the water in my hair faster because my hair is all in the area that twists and it squeezes it more.

6. dorann

dorannMember

Threads:
    I have used one, but I didn't buy it. In fact, I would be upset if I bought one because I can get my hair just as dry, just as quick by using a smaller towel and wrapping my hair in it and tucking the bottom under. The added bonus is that a smaller towel is just a fraction of the price at a Big Box store.

7. ladybug

ladybugMember

Threads:
    I have thick hair so I'm wondering how it works for thicker hair. In general, I don't use a blow dryer and never on a high setting since they dry your hair out. I always wrap it up in a towel though and towels do a pretty good job of soaking a lot of the water up so the Turbie Twist looked intriguing to me.

8. Meowmie

MeowmieMember

Threads:

I have owned these for years. The original ones I had were made of terry cloth, and did the job. I liked them better than having to use a full towel. Even if you have long or thick hair, you can lift it into the little cup like end and it contains it all. They do stay in place, sometimes I forget I have it on.

Since my original purchase I have bought 6 more, as the first ones wore out after several years.
    I don't know if ALL turbie towels are like this now, but I got my replacement turbie towels from drugstore.com, and they are made out of microfiber. I went from liking the Turbie Towel to LOVING it. Since it is microfiber it is thinner, but has more absorbing power.

9. 57spotty

57spottyNew Member

Threads:
    i LOVE mine, i have two of them! after a while the elastic isn't very elastic-y anymore, but i just sew new elastic on (nothing lasts forever). but it works great and i have super long hair, so its nice to put it up and let a lot of the moisture out while I am getting ready.

10. Mina

MinaMember

Threads:
    I have one and the fabric is really thin, so I don't think it would work for a thicker hair, I still have to remove it and use a different towel or blow dry my hair. The only reason why I like it and keep using it the fact that it keeps my hair in place because of the elastic around just much like a shower cap.

11. lavenderblue

lavenderblueMember

Threads:
    The Turbie Twist is one of the few As Seen On TV items that I really feel is a great idea, useful, really works, etc. It's just so simple. I usually make my own versions of Turbie Twists though with a few craft supplies. I feel they could be made out of better and more sturdy material. Wouldn't mind buying a slightly more expensive version of these things. I do agree that you may want to avoid them if you have very long and thick hair. Otherwise, go for it.