Tv Offers, So Misleading...then As Seen On Tv?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by hades_leae • Jul 2, 2016.

1. hades_leae

hades_leaeActive Member

Threads:
    I remember growing up, watching the paid advertisements on TV late in the middle of the night.

I want to know why these TV ads that run for about 30 minutes or so...tell you that you can't find their products in any stores. Then during commercial, they show you an ad for the same product that your watching from a different company, and then say get it at this store "bla bla store" - "As Seen On TV".

You can also find them with the "As seen on tv" logo on the box in the store. It's just misleading to me, anyone else agree?:

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, companies would do and say anything to get profit, so that shouldn't surprise you anymore. They will make you think that you are getting an exclusive offer from them only to find the same offer somewhere else.

3. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I used to be one of those who are easily convinced by these "as seen on TV" ads but I learned my lesson when I bought a product from one of the ads. It was supposed to make me slimmer just by massaging it on my problem areas. Silly me, I was desperate to slim down fast without any efforts at that time so I tried buying the product. I was disappointed because there was no result at all but of course I was also to blame because I had myself fooled by just a mere advertisement without researching first.

4. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I think that when they first started doing these TV ads, whenever that was, they actually were exclusive offers that you could only get by calling in. I bet that only lasted a very short time, though, and then it just started to be a gimmicky sort of thing. The company wants to sell their product wherever and however they can, so they would not place a limit on that, at least I would not think so.

5. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    A misleading trick ads usually do is to claim "finds out what 80% of people are currently enjoying right now, don't get behind" to appeal at the collective need for social acceptance among people. Of course, the percentage is totally made up but they can get away with that since I don't know if there is any regulations that forbids to do absurd claims without any backing.

6. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    That's why you should not buy into them the second you see them. Yes, it will be misleading enough If done that way. Check the Internet for the further details on a product you want. Always. And don't forget to read the fine print in a careful manner. If you don't care enough now = you suffer then. That's it.

7. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Tv channel companies will not turn down offers to advertise on their channels as long as this doesn't violate their rules and regulations. Its left for the viewer to make an informed decision based on the facts presented. I suppose before you buy items as seen on Tv, its important to run online and offline background searches to gauge their worthiness. I would only buy products I can't find elsewhere or if the offers are quite attractive.