Unexpected Expensive Bills Around The Home

Discussion in Home & Garden started by littlewitch66 • Oct 19, 2017.

1. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I totally agree with you Jamille! We should all have a separate fund and save money in it little by little to address such unexpected emergency expenses. Usually all we have is a savings account and we do not think of such unexpected events. Some of us have medical insurances etc. and that is all we think of, but these incidental expenses also are quite important.

2. mdbree17

mdbree17Member

Threads:
    Exactly. But good thing we're able to catch up with the payments. I never wanted to loan. I always tell my husband not to. It's just that, it's tough sometimes.

3. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    My advice is try to cut down on what you are using and how long you may be using it. I would recommend try to do it yourself and to get in touch with friends that are good with plumbing and leaks. Other than that, I would try to see if there are any good efficient and cheap repair companies out there near you.

4. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    The truth of the matter is that life and is always tough in our recent world economic situation, I always tell my friends that meeting up with ones responsibilities 100% is not an easy task but getting loan might seem to help you with it, but the reality coating it is that paying back the loan is going to be more difficult for you than borrowing it.

5. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Risk taking is part of business and the fact that many are thriving shows that it is the way to go for earning good money. But like you many do not want to take risks.

6. mdbree17

mdbree17Member

Threads:
    Indeed. As long as everything's pacing up. Don't get loans if there's still an existing one. It will just round up.

7. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    @nangk08@nangk08 I'm so sorry to hear that your husband hurt himself in such a way. Thankfully in this country we have the NHS so although we have to pay for prescriptions between the ages of 18 and 60 this type of injury would be dealt with free here. I hope he is recovering and that you are coping with the bill.

8. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    I am trying to avoid this with everything I have, I am unusually careful when it comes to the electricity or water, but if there is a leakage in the building somewhere or in the pipes down the road, then I can't do anything but to pay.
    My unexpected bills are usually from the companies who concluded deals with me ages ago but somehow they think that they can charge me some more. The solution usually lasts for months.

9. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I found that our electricity bill went up quite high lately, even though we did not turn on the air conditioner. We realized that the increased usage of oven and perhaps kids keep opening the door of fridge might cause this. Our water bill went up quite high too, as our one of the water taps was leaking and the others are loosen and not easy to tighten up. Though I have reminded the kids to turn off the lights or fans whenever they are not using them, I still need to remind myself to check them out too. I have been staying here for more than 10 years, so I guess the water taps are not functioning really well. I foresee we might need to change them in near future. There are always unexpected expenses coming up, so I guess we just need to save some money for that.

10. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    It's not about just taking risks, it's not all risk that a wise businessman takes on. The are good risk and bad ones, so therefore before jumping into one with the bid of making more money, it's very important to seat back and analyze such risk and determine if it's worth taking before investing, otherwise you would have already lost the money invested immediately you did.

Go and check out most business investment that went sideways are those that an investor rushed into in a haste without doing a good background analysis on the risk involved in such business.

11. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Exactly my point, the more you get new loans, the more you are drowning in debt and before you realize what's going on and analyse paying off all the loan debt you have to clear, you would just discover that you are bankrupt already.

12. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    That is certainly a bad way and that is to rush and invest without looking at it from all angles. There are consultant who can recommend what to go for depending on an individual's aptitude.

13. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Thank you so much for your kind wishes. Yes, he has now recovered and is fully back to his work. We did cope with the bills but it was a bit of a setback at times although it is nice that we could have something on the lines of NHS like you have. But still, we have to prepare ourselves for such eventualities and this accident only helped us realise that and so we have started setting up a fund for such emergencies!

14. mdbree17

mdbree17Member

Threads:
    @Alexandoy@Alexandoy I also have my piggy bank and I am fond of putting not only coins to that but also paper bills. I then decided to have one which only contains paper bills. I saved quite a sum of money and I used it for other unexpected expenses whether at home or at work.

@Heatman@Heatman That feeling when it's payday, yet you will only spend it paying off some loans. HAHAHAH. The irony.

@nangk08@nangk08 Everything will be back to normal. Praying for your husband's recovery.

#34Oct 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2017
  15. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    Everyone comes across this situation once i their lifetime but in order to deal with this, you need to contact your supplier directly and solve this.

16. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Given these situations, it's nice to have credit. For instance, PayPal credit can often be gotten by people who can't get other credit. It's nice to have that 500 USD available in case of an emergency. However, though, a lot of people would rather spend the credit on something fun or maybe food. I can't really blame them, though, that may not be the wisest choice.

17. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually, I have a friend that I get to pay unexpected expenses. I feel fortunate because not everyone has someone they can rely on to help them out with unexpected expenses. I am truly fortunate in that way. I think I need to spend less time complaining, and more time being thankful.

18. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    You should know that there are some business opportunities that presents itself with limited time factors and it offers the entrepreneur less time to seek consultation before going into such business. They go at with a leap of faith, in which sometimes, it comes out good but most times it goes south.

On having to seek for consultant view on any business dealings that you wish to embark on doesn't always guarantee the success of such business. Chew on this with what happened during the global economic meltdown years back. Weren't consultant used back then? And what later actually happened?

19. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Seriously @mdbree17@mdbree17, it's one of the worst thing or financial situation anyone could find himself or herself in. It's not pleasing at all because what it actually signifies is that you are a perpetual debtor.

As the individual makes use of the turn over to pay off old debts, a new fund is needed to move on, which still means that such person is still owing :(.

20. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I would recommend that such opportunities should not be entertained as I still say a good amount of research and consultation is called for before taking decisions.