Using Pail To Wash Your Car

Discussion in Water started by Alexandoy • Nov 13, 2016.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How often do you wash your car and how? We usually train a hose to wash off the dirt from the entirety of the car before applying shampoo and then hose it again for rinsing. But a relative advised us to use a pail and a dipper which can save a good amount of water. Based on our computation, a pail uses only less than half of water when using a hose. And although it entails more labor, I guess it is worth to use the pail and the dipper for cleaning the car. This is most practical during summer time when water is scarce.

2. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, using a pail can really save water even though it demands more labor. But if we rinse when there is dirt on the car body it will result in scratches on the body. So it is better to remove it using water force and then shampoo it with the help of a pail/bucket. At the end we can use a hose for a thorough cleaning. We can clean it with minimum water usage.

We can avoid frequent washing if we cover the car after parking. It will reduce dust accumulation on the body. Water wastage in any form is a national waste and we should preserve water at any cost as it is going to be the most scarce commodity in future.

3. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Totally agree and we still use pail to wash the car. It is tedious bit a good exercise and saves a lot of water too.

4. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    While using a pail can save water, it depends on the condition of the car in terms of the amount of dirt. If you use a strong hose to spray water, it should be more effective as the spray is atomised to exert greater force thereby using less water per unit area.

5. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    As long as I know that I am saving money and being smart, I count not care less about what type of method I am using. That is not entire true I guess, but you get the point. I still wash my car in the drive way with the bucket and a little sponge cloth.

6. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    Yep, I just use a pail/bucket filled with regular water and a cloth and wipe my entire car down, and then dry it with a dry towel or even paper towel.

Some people think that Windex is the best product to get your car windows super-clean and shiny, but I disagree. Plain old water (NO SOAP) - that will leave streaks and cloudy spots - just plain water makes my car windows look great! During the summer, that's when I can do a more thorough cleaning job with soap and all that, but when it's cold, I do more of a water wipe-down. ;)

7. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Yes using a pail can be harder work but it does save half or more of water than when one uses a hose. I always used to use a pail when I had my car I feel like a got a good work out so it's not too bad. When using the pail we only use the water we are needing to get the Job done but as for using the hose it will keep on spraying.

8. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    Well, Mathematics supports the pail as a more economical way to wash your car and save water, so I guess we have to go with that. On most days I get my car spotless using a pail and a sponge to do the magic. On others however using a hose is inevitable. When I have a function to attend saving is not usually the first thought that comes to mind so I just hose my car and zoom off. I like your idea to cover the car after parking @luckycharm@luckycharm , I think I'll try that from now on.

9. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, using a pail when washing the car will really save wat uper. I have done it bdfore. I was away the dirt on the vehicle before shampooing it and the I rinse. However, even though I may save some water I don't believe it will be very significant because it's not an everyday task and sometimes the car is sent to the he car wash.

10. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    Using a pail while washing your car is highly economical. Around here, that's how almost everyone wash their cars. Only people running a car wash service use the hose. You get to save water that way because a lot of water just goes down the drain from using hose.

Apart from cars, most people I know use pails in their bathrooms to wash. It also saves water rather than turning the shower on and wasting all that water but mostly it's not because of that, it is because water services aren't available.