Using Paypal in restaurants and bars

Discussion in Payment Methods started by BrianWolfe • Nov 18, 2013.

1. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, I never heard of this app. It does sound interesting but like mentioned about it turns you cellphone pretty much into a credit card if one drinks alot just showing your smartphone to pay can cause you to spend to much money. I mean I really like the idea if one is eating or something but drinking and like mentioned what if it stolen and you have not logged out this becomes a problem.

2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I think this could be an app that actually catches on. I don't really use paypal online probably like I should but I think especially in a restaurant it would be a great way to not have your personally information exposed to the waitress/waiter reducing identity theft.

3. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    I would probably use this if I could, since I keep most of my money on PayPal for online purchases, and the time it takes to move money between my debit card and PayPal is insanely large. I would rather just cut the middle man and just go straight to paying through PayPal. They also have next to no fees (besides currency conversion rates but that's a different story). Good to see PayPal stepping up.

4. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I have yet to use my PayPal account to pay for food at a restaurant. I'd rather just use my PayPal debit card that is linked to the account over going through an app. I know that some restaurants are pushing for it though, as the other day, these guys were standing outside doing a promotion for it. I never got back to the restaurant to try it.

5. GenevB

GenevBActive Member

Threads:
    Well I'm not very thrilled about this. First, you could already use your debit card in order to pay at restaurant and even some bars. This is good if you want to skip the extract tax from paypal which is around 2 euros if you're not from America.