Vouchers Or Money .. Which Do You Prefer As A Gift?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by littlewitch66 • Dec 28, 2017.

1. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer a voucher because I know I will spend it on something nice for myself. With money I find it often goes into the housekeeping so I don't really treat myself .. what would you rather have as a gift?

2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I think I would prefer money, because I can use it to pay the bill or do some groceries, you know, I can use it on something practical. I have been given a gift voucher before, but I was never able to use it at all, so it just went to waste.

3. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer voucher. Because with money, I know that I will just waste it and just buy things that I don't really need. I am the type of person who buys a lot when I have money, and I regret it the minute after I lost all the money I have.

4. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer money actually. I do get vouchers as payments from certain sites, but the problem with them is that sometimes, you are able to find something nice for yourself which exactly fits into the price range equal to your voucher worth. Sometimes, you just don't get anything within that limit or sometimes it is far too less and you cannot find anything else to buy with the remaining money.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer money too or gift cards. I like cash, for I get to have some money in my wallet for things I need cash for. I don't know what vouchers really are but I know about gift cards. As long as I get cash is fine, if I get cash as gifts that is.

6. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer cash gifts because it can be used at any store while gift checks or vouchers are limited to a specific store or its affiliates. Whenever I receive cash gifts from loved ones, I make sure that I buy something I like out of the money. It's usually something that I can use for a long time and will remind me of the person who gave the cash gift. I usually spend most of it for myself because I know that's what the giver intended.

7. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like vouchers. You better give me the cash so that I can do anything I want with it.

8. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In this modern times, it is embarrassing to give money as a gift. Maybe that was the reason why gift certificates and gift checks have been invented. I don’t remember when was the last time I gave cash for a gift and I usually give gift certificates or gift checks only when I am a sponsor of an event like baptismal or wedding. For all other gifts, it is always in kind.