Wanna Put On Some Weight Rather Than A Fatty...

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Alonzo123 • Aug 13, 2016.

1. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    Hi all I just join this community before some hours ago but after reading its health section, i am really impressed and wanna see some suggestions from you. I am 26 years old now and i am really a skinny person but i just wanna put on some wait i have tried a medicine but that was one with lots of side effects so i revoked. Mostly peoples suggest me to eat more and more and to do rest as much as i could, but wouldn't it be effective on my inner body parts and my brain, won't i become a lazy person then??? :oops:

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I wish I had your problem! If your health is good then there is no reason to put on extra weight. Here is a chart for how much you should weigh according to your height. If you fall within the normal range of your category then don't mess with a good thing!

If you are underweight and are worried it is going to affect your health, then try eating foods and exercising in a way that will build up your muscle. If you gain muscle it will help your overall health and 'bulk' you up in a good way that you won't regret years later.

3. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    Basically, what you want to do is increase muscle mass and not put on body fat. Eating more is simply ingesting more healthy foods rich in protein for building muscles, as well as fresh fruits and vegetables. Processed foods will make you fat as are not as nutritious as healthy foods. If you can, go to the gym and get into a properly supervised weightlifting program. You might also need to take whey protein shakes as they are known to help build muscle. If your idea of bodybuilding is getting bulky and big and you don't want something like that, don't worry. Body builders bulk up like that because of steroids which you won't need unless you want to get into a bodybuilding career.

4. whysewserious

whysewseriousMember

Threads:
    I second the idea that it is what you eat that is going to improve your muscle mass. Invest in a quality protein shake. When you exercise, heavier weights with fewer reps are better for that as well. There are several gyms out there that do not have any frills to them, but also are as low as $20 an hour. Fitness, like anything else that is worth it, is a time and discipline investment.

I have a gym membership but also a beach body membership. I just got their protein shakes in the mail and they taste pretty good and are actually a meal replacement, so have higher calories.

Be careful with any supplements or pre-workout items you may be taking though. Many of them have ill side effects that can mess up your hormone production.

5. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    There is such a thing as being underweight. But it also depends on your height. It follows that there is nothing wrong with putting in additional weight. But this should be acquired in tandem with increase in muscle mass. This would address your fears concerning laziness when in addition you observe a steady workout routine.

6. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    If you want to gain a bit more weight, you need to eat more protein. Eat some more meat and workout so that your muscles will also fill your body. Eating meat is good for you and will not get you lazy. I'm not talking about hamburgers. I'm talking about steak and any source of healthy beef.

7. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I suggest you to continue with weight training which improves your muscles and with that your weight increases too. Beware you do not go at it very hard in the beginning but increase it slowly. You should eat accordingly and you will soon see your body shape changing accordingly and to your satisfaction. However, you will have to be regular on this else your body may get back to its original shape.

8. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    As we get older its even harder to put on more muscle mass-and they say we achieve top muscle mass in our late 30s to early 40s-and after that its all downhill as far as the muscle mass thing goes. They actually have a name for it called sarcopenia and includes loss of muscle mass,strength and function. Anykind of resistance exercise is really good for building muscle mass,also eat some protein and do your weightlifting 3 times a week. some good sources of protein are wild salmon, grass-fed beef,lentils,black beans,and free-range eggs as well.