Warranty Of New Car

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Alexandoy • Dec 19, 2016.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We bought a Ford Escape 3 years ago and we had to bring it to the dealer for the regular maintenance – every 5,000 kilometers or 3 months whichever comes first. Since we have 2 cars, that 5,000 km couldn’t be reached so it is always the 3 months. A friend told me that I was spending for nothing since our Ford Escape was not much in use. When I asked the dealer what is the consequence if the maintenance every 3 months is not satisfied, he said that I will lose the car’s warranty. Isn’t it unfair to me? Our other car is Mitsubishi and their only requirement is 5,000 kilometers of use for the need of maintenance. Just food for thought if you are planning to buy a new car.

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have bought a Hyundai i20 last year which is under warranty for two years with unlimited mileage. However the terms are so complicated that it needs a real expert to understand all these things. For instance the first condition says Normal maintenance services other than the three free services which has listed almost everything that can possibly happen to your car. So I take it as only three free service and rest is all paid.

3. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Warranties I have always thought we a good idea on those purchases that you really need to have last you, and I would say that cars are up there in that list. I would absolutely read that fine print, though.