Waste Water Management

Discussion in Water started by iamawriter • Jul 1, 2017.

1. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Right at the time of constructing our house we had pipes laid connecting our bathroom, kitchen and basins used water leading to trees. There is also a connection to trees of wastewater that comes where we wash our clothes. Wastewater coming from the washing machine is also similarly used.

Water conservation is utmost in our household

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only substantial water conservation that we do is the re-using of laundry water. With the soapy water, we pour it on the floor of the garage, driveway and cemented part of the backyard. Let is stay for 5 minutes and then the rinsing water in the laundry is poured next to rinse the floor. For bathing, we are aware not to leave the tap running when brushing the teeth or soaping the hands and face likewise the shower, it should be turned off when we are soaping the body.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only substantial water conservation that we do is the re-using of laundry water. With the soapy water, we pour it on the floor of the garage, driveway and cemented part of the backyard. Let is stay for 5 minutes and then the rinsing water in the laundry is poured next to rinse the floor. For bathing, we are aware not to leave the tap running when brushing the teeth or soaping the hands and face likewise the shower, it should be turned off when we are soaping the body.

4. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    I tend to agree with @Alexandoy@Alexandoy. This is because I believe only laundry water is suitable for reusing. At my place, I usually wash the house after washing my clothes. I then rinse with clean water. Other types of waste water like one for washing the utensils or one that remains after taking a shower goes straight o the sewer.

5. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Reusing water is one of the ways to conserve water. We can use laundry water to water our plants. laundry water can also be used for cleaning veranda or portico. You can also collect rainwater and use it for various purpose. The best way tyo manage waste water is by connecting your bathroom pipes with your garden.