Watching Infomercials for Fun

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by AugustGreig • Aug 14, 2014.

1. erik120

erik120Active Member

Threads:
    I used to watch infomercials on saturday morning tv between cartoons when I was little, I used to want to buy cool knife sets and high tech looking blenders and stuff.
    Eventually I bought my first shaving device from as seen on tv infomercials at 14. And it wasn't one of my best acquisitions, really bad actually, I couldn't use it too much, it didn't shave nearly close enough as a razor, it ran out of battery a lot, you had to replace the netting on it, but even if you did that, the proper blades were still too far from the net.
    Very annoying and it rendered it quite useless and so I turned again to the classic razor, I am 21 now and have been shaving manually ever since.

2. AugustGreig

AugustGreigMember

Threads:
    Man, you just have got to love Vince. He is the closest thing to a modern day version of the type of hosts that we used to have on infomercials back in the nineties. "The skin's at the bottom... the skin comes right off! Watch this, your going to love my nuts." That stuff is hilarious. If you have never seen this video, you're going to love it.

Oops, forgot to post the link:

#22Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  3. AugustGreig

AugustGreigMember

Threads:
    Hey guys, off topic here, but I have a question. How do I embed the youtube link so that the video is actually displayed in my post, instead of having to follow the link to a separate page? I know that this is possible because I have seen videos embedded within other people's posts. Thanks a lot in advance. I'll post a couple more vids once I figure this out.

4. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I use to watch infomercials for fun, I still do. It's fun looking at the ridiculous acting in the commercials and occasionally you find stuff that make you think "hmm." I never buy any of it, but it is just neat to watch. Especially when you can't sleep or if you need background noise. Plus, I sit there and think about how I can better the product.

5. wvboarder

wvboarderMember

Threads:
    I do immensely. Even the really, really bad ones. Occasionally when I'm done with TV for the night and the shows go off and the infomercials come on I just leave it on and listen to it. Some are pretty crazy/funny but others are great. I like picking out the ones that are completely crazy and would never work because I know a million people are ordering or have ordered that product.

6. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I always used to actually when I was about 12-13, I don't anymore though. I sometimes watched those informercial channels on Sky for 2-3 hours at a time.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also tend to watch infomercials for a few minutes just to see if they are realistic enough, like the acne cream commercial that I just saw recently. The girl's "acne" looks like it was just drawn on her cheeks. :D Even if I don't intend to buy, they certainly are good sources of "entertainment" if you want to look for flaws in the infomercial.

8. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    Infomercials are great fillers between programs that I want to watch. They're fun, informative and sometimes outright ridiculous. I love watching infomercials on youtube just for the heck of it. Way better than staged clean pranks.

9. Servace

ServaceActive Member

Threads:
    I only like watching the infomercials if the commercial is dubbed. There are so many funny dubs on YouTube that I think people should watch. My favorite dub is on the product "Sticky Buddy" and it is by JaboodyDubs. It is hilarious every single second.

10. happyshopper

happyshopperActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I really enjoy watching those infomercials and sometimes they make me laugh. In the past I also watched them on youtube just for the fun of it and I also checked out the older infomercials from back in the day so I'm also like you too. After I post this I think I might watch some hilarious infomercials later on tonight. I really need a good laugh today and laughter is the best medicine.