Wax Vac, it Does Work.

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by pafjlh • Feb 22, 2013.

1. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if any of you have seen this product advertised on TV. Its called a Wax Vac, and basically what it does is it gently vacuums out the ear debris such a water, dirt and loose wax. Someone gave me this item for Christmas and I have to admit that it does live up to its claims for the most part. What I mean is it won't clean out impacted wax, in fact, the instructions tell you clearly to do this you will need to use a wax softening ear drop first. I also didn't particularly like the way it turns on, the small lever is hard to see, and I though that maybe something bigger would of been better for those of us who have eyesight issues. Another thing I found to be a draw back was the fact that the little plastic color tips that you use on the device have to be thrown away after just one use, at least that's what they recommend to be honest I haven't replaced mine yet, and have only sterilized the outside of the tip with alcohol instead. All and all I find the device worth the money and it does indeed work.

2. copper

copperMember

Threads:
    I use this product for a little more satisfaction. Your suggestions are nice and I will keep it in my mind.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have seen the product on TV, thanks for posting your review of the ear wax cleaner.

I wondered if it worked better than using hydrogen peroxide to clean the wax from the ears.

4. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Perhaps it could be used in conjunction with Hydrogen Peroxide in cleaning wax out of ears. As I said in my review the device won't loosen impacted and hard wax, it does vacuum debris as well as liquid from the ear. I guess the main reason this device was created was to keep people from using cotton swabs or similar things to clean out their ears. In other words to keep people from sticking objects in their ears, not a good idea. Also it can help get fluid out of the ear such as after a shower or swimming.

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    The commercial for these things cracks me up. That guy screams like he just got stabbed or something when he puts the Q-tip in his ear, lol. I don't see why you should have to throw away those tips though after each use. I thought that's why they were color coded in the commercials, so you're not using someone else's. Do they even sell more replacements?

6. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't think about it this way but you have a valid point. This is probably why they instruct you to throw the tips away, so that no one uses one that somebody else has already used. This isn't going to be an issue in my home because my sister gave us all our own Wax Vac, so no one will be using mine except for me. As for replacements this is a good question I didn't notice anything that came with the device that talked about where you could order more. I wonder if there is any place online where you could buy replacements for the device. Might be something worth looking into.

7. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I agree the commercial is Hilarious :D, when I read your comment all I could think about is the man yelling, "Ouch!" It is great to know that it does work. Its so much stuff that they advertise online, however, their claims never work, so I am glad this is different. A change for the better! It seems like it is very convenient. So I like that idea as well :)

8. Qponolic

QponolicNew Member

Threads:
    I kind of laughed when I heard it was a "gift". I have an aunt that gives the strangest gifts, it made me think of her, lol.

Susie Q

9. gloria7819

gloria7819New Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the review. I've seen it but always wondered if it worked. I might consider it now. Thanks again.

10. bogdanbogdys

bogdanbogdysNew Member

Threads:
    Thank you for the review. I'm really interested in buying one too. I'll come with a personal review then!

11. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for posting your review! I was thinking about this and wondering how well it worked. I worry cleaning my kids' ears every time I do. My one daughter tends to get more wax then the rest of us so this will be perfect to clean her ears hopefully.

12. APluckeyduck

APluckeyduckMember

Threads:
    This is so funny. I was just talking about this product with a coworker the other day. She purchased it for her five year old. She felt that it didn't have enough suction to be useful. She gave the second one to an older relative, who also experienced similar results. It was not a recommended buy, as fast as she was concerned.

13. mitchelltune

mitchelltuneNew Member

Threads:
    I would try it but I can't get over the commercials. They sometimes make me laugh. Maybe I'll try it if others are saying it helps them.

14. adeleinthesea

adeleintheseaNew Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure if I would pay for the same thing one Q-tip does. My ears have always felt super clean when I use them, but my boyfriend cleans his ears almost every day, saying he has a lot of wax. Maybe the product would be better for him. I'll have to remember this when I'm shopping for Christmas!

15. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    Well I am with the consensus on the commercial. The guy yelling is bad enough but they repeat the scene. It is good to know that this does work as I know people who have hurt themselves using the swabs. This is a good example where a review can undo the damage done by the advertising. I felt the ad was so poor, based on that alone I would have never considered buying it.

16. vel62

vel62New Member

Threads:
    I have been wondering if this thing worked. Thanks for the post. I feel more confident about purchasing it

17. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I have seen the commercials for this product and it's nice to know that it does indeed work. I don't know if I will ever buy one because I still like to clean my ears the old fashion way. If I have to, I will consider something like this just to get all the water out of my ears.

18. deeclutter11

deeclutter11New Member

Threads:
    I bought one about a month ago and it does work pretty well. It's a bit on the awkward side to use though. That lever is very small and hard to maneuver. That being said, I just sterilized the tip I used. I didn't see where to buy more and I don't want to run out. A bit of unsolicited advice, don't buy these things on tv or online. Our Walmart carries them for much less than the item and S & H charges are. I don't know why the charge such ridiculous rates to ship USPS flat rate boxes.

19. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    This seems like one of those gifts that people give you when they want to be subtle in their suggestions:

"Hey, I got you this soap on a rope and a gift certificate to get your hair cut while also leaving some gum in your stocking."

Hopefully, your subtle gift in return was a gym membership and a hearing aid.