Ways To Save A Little Money

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Denis Hard • Nov 12, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One of my neighbors spends about $200 every weekend for his kids entertainment. He takes them out to some expensive "fun places" for kids. Does someone need to spend too much so kids can have some fun?

Spending time with kids playing some football in the backyard or throwing a frisbee around is good enough for kids. You can try a different activity each weekend and you won't have to spend a lot of money.

2. Pabmart

PabmartMember

Threads:
    Wow, he must have a lot of money to be able to do that. When I was younger I used to go to a park and play football with my friends, or me and my momma would go for a ride to the city center to spend the time. I don't feel like spending money is the big deal, what really matters is to have a nice time.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well that parent seems quite well off to be able to afford to spend that kind of money solely for the entertainment of his kids. I agree that there are a lot of cheaper ways to bond and entertain your kids, the only question is if they would like those cheap ways or not, lol.

4. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Lol, what a nice neighbor you have, I'm sure he can afford to do so,so he's doing what he's doing, If I were him- I wouldn't hesitate to answer yes if asked would I do the same thing he is. You see, parents want only what is best for their children, it is a no good parent that wants otherwise, and let me stress this point, no amount of money is too much to not spend on your child, If you are a parent and money is your priority over your child/ren...good for you, I want to see then, if money will be with you when you are old, so, you see where I am getting with this? $200 every weekend is soft and should not be seen as a big deal.
    On the other hand, even if a parent can't afford to take their kids out to expensive places, bonding with your child is just as good, or may be even better...think about it.

5. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh, I don't think I should post in this thread, hahahaaah. With kids, I don't hold my horses as long as they enjoy what I can give. Like when they ask me for a trip to the mall, expect them to ask for snacks. I was not really a deprived child but we didn't have the luxuries then so I guess since I have the money to spend so I oblige to the kids on their request. In fairness, they are all good in school and they are decent kids.

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I don't really mind spending that much for my kids if I can afford to raise them in a luxurious manner. I mean, people from different income brackets have different standards or values on spending and making money. In the area of good parenting, though, I'm afraid the kids might get spoiled rotten. Every once in a while, they need to be exposed to the struggles of other folks. They'll grow up more grounded.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I can understand why some parents would go to such extremes since seeing the kids happy can get very addictive. You're right though that it should be done only as a secondary option or last resort since being resourceful not only saves you more money but it also teaches the kids to find ways to entertain themselves that aren't tied to paying a lot of money. I think some parents just may be too lazy to look up some free activities or are just plain not interested and I guess that is okay since it is their kids anyway.