Ways to work out for free?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Squeesh • Jul 8, 2012.

1. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    Running/jogging/walking and pushups/situps/burpees and other such full body or range of motion exercises. You can also use gallons of water in place of weights and then use youtube and the internet to download some workout videos.

2. neovlad

neovladMember

Threads:
    I feel like the best way to work out for free is to just go jogging it will work on your legs and your abbs and it is very fun you can also play a sport in many cities people get together and play like soccer or football on the weekends that is a great way to stay in shape.

3. dhintaka

dhintakaMember

Threads:
    Walking & swimming both are the ways that I feel is enjoyable & free. They have greater effect than going for hardcore gym. Just one thing that is required is have regularity.

4. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    There are thousands of exercise videos that you don't even need to purchase because of this great invention called YouTube! That's where I get my routine as well! This is one of my favorites

it's by Dancing with the Stars Julianne Hough. Enjoy! :)

5. taskeinc

taskeincMember

Threads:
    There's no less inexpensive workout than walking and getting on the floor at home. Get a mat, place it in front of the TV and go to work. It may get a little boring but that's why you're in front of the television. If you're a football fan you could actually do situps, crunches, push-ups, and more, during the entire 3-hour ball game. You'll take breaks periodically, but you don't want to rest for long.

Also, get in the habit of walking, every day, for 30 minutes or longer. Make sure you're eating a lean diet along with your floor exercises and walking, and in no time, you'll find yourself getting in tip-top condition and you have not paid one dime.

6. benn08

benn08Member

Threads:
    Just go jogging outside, it may be boring, but its one of the best forms of exercises.

7. SpYkz

SpYkzMember

Threads:
    Great suggestions from all of you guys. Swimming, Cycling Walking, jogging and exercise workouts seem to be the most popular ones. Have you tried hiking with different people and going to different places? It might help spicing up the routine. I am also a great fan of hiking and love being outdoors.

8. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    Have you tried the library? I've found all kinds of DVDs there. Mine has lots to pick from. I'm also a fan of pilates. I like using the library because not all workout videos are good. Some of them don't target the areas I want. If I found a good one, I look for it on amazon. I can usually get them for $8 with free super saving shipping. I also look at fitness magazines. These have a lot of good ideas. I also just get the fitness magazines at the library.

9. Ich bin Gia

Ich bin GiaMember

Threads:
    Walking is a great form of exercise. So is biking if you have a bike and running as well. If you live near the beach and the weather is warm, why not go for a swim?

10. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    In my city they offer lots of free yoga outdoor yoga classes in the summer, and in the winter, there are lots of places where you only pay by donation. If you're bold enough to look the teacher in the eye and drop a nickel into the donation bucket, then you can take classes practically for free. If you're not bold enough, then drop five dollars on it a few times and once you realize how empty your wallet is getting, you'll get bold enough, haha.

11. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    I know that the suggestions for doing bodyweight exercises has already been given. I just wanted to state that I have always had minimal upper body strength. When I was consistently doing pushups, my strength and definition increased. The pushups helped create a stronger core as well, which helped me with day to day activities.

12. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    This is one of my favorite subjects. Everyday I'm on the internet searching for new workouts. I also love, love, love gadgets. Sometimes I splurge, but gadgets can be expensive so, like you, I'm often on the look out for free workouts. I get a lot of good ideas from a forum at Video Fitness. They call themselves vidiots, and they are. There is a lot of good general information and also more specific information, including free workouts. Youtube has a plethora of free workouts. You can search by trainer or type of exercise you want. There are channels with literally hundreds of free workouts that can be downloaded. This, in addition to walking, hiking, biking, or swimming will give you all free stuff you're looking for.

13. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Jogging is a great way to kick start your morning. Its nice to feel the breeze and the rays of the sun touching your morning skin as you run on a nearby road with a great scenery to complement it. Its also a nice way to relieve the stress that might still be in your system even after waking up from sleep.

#33Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2017
  14. niceness8000

niceness8000Active Member

Threads:
    I do 2 sets each of 50 pushups and 50 situps. I then jog about 21/2 miles right after that. After the jog, I come home and do another 3 sets of each. It's great for weight loss and strengthening your core. Once you get used to it, it gets easier.

15. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    You could get quite creative at home and find some great workouts on youtube that are great for exercising in the great outdoors. You could change up your routine also, and find a new exercise program to do once in awhile. Also I think you could mix the scenery up a bit and go to the park or other places,and this is great as far as motivation goes, when it comes to working out-and to beat exercise boredom.

16. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I would suggest just go around your neighborhood or area and just do some healthy jogs, do push up and sit up at your own home. Does are effective ways to get a fit body and build a little bit of strength without costing any money. Also jump and jack are a good method to working out.

17. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    If you own a bike, ride it to your place of work, then ride it back home. This is one of the cheapest and easiest ways of exercising without straining. You can also walk to the market or wherever. Alternatively, you can even make a homemade gym using available materials like sand, a sack, cement, tins, and others.

18. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    For me it's just walking, jogging or riding a bicycle. I get to workout and not get bored while doing it. If you have kids, you can buy some of those carriage looking things that you can connect with your bicycle. You get to work out and give your kids some fun time while doing it.