What Are The Alternatives To Netflix?

Discussion in Digital & Web TV started by Colebra • Feb 16, 2015.

1. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    So I just found out that Netflix isn't available in Portugal, which sucks because I was really looking forward to the comedy specials... :(
    What's my best alternative here?

Can anyone shed some light on Cloudload, Amazon Prime, Hulu, or anything else you think it's good?

Thanks a bunch people! :)

2. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Well, you just listed some of the alternatives to Netflix that are out there. There is also ITunes which I hear can also be a good service to have. As for finding out more about these, you can probably find customer reviews on them online through a search engine such as google. But take heart, Netflix is always improving and expanding its service maybe in time they will start providing service in your area. It would be in their best interest to do so, since they are missing out on particular markets by not providing service there.

3. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Lol, very kind words about Netflix, but to be honest, I think Netflix is doing far less than they can or should be doing. Can you imagine that Netflix doesn't have any new movies or updated series of tv shows, To be quite honest, If one should go online and try to find more recent material they would have a better chance of finding them there than on Netflix. I have had Netflix active in the past and found it severely lacking..

4. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    If you have an android tablet or phone there is an app called Showbox that blows Netflix away and is absolutely free. It even has movies as they are released into theaters. It is not available through the Google Playstore, so you have to search it in the web browser (Showbox apk) and download it from the web site. It has every show and movie you can think of.

Enjoy!

5. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    The thing I was mostly looking for was feedback from users outside of the U.S...

Those Comedy Specials though...

Any idea if it's available outside of the U.S.?

Unfortunately, I have a bad feeling that it's something related to content licensing, and it's going to be the same for all apps or services... :(

6. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I am not sure if it's available outside of the United States, but it can not hurt to try. Just Google search showbox apk and see if you can download it. I am pretty sure it's against licensing in the US too, because it is made for Android, but it's not in the Google Play Store.

7. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I didn't really care for Hulu Plus. I felt like it wasn't worth it, so I cancelled it. There were several times that they made a suggestion based on my preferences, so I'd take a look, only to find "we don't have that show right now." Well, then why did you suggest it to me? Not a fan. I like Netflix. I'm unsure of the other stuff, but I wanted to say that I was not impressed with Hulu.

8. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since you mentioned "alternative," it's better and more cost-efficient to watch movies on free rather than paid streaming sites. My go-to site is solarmovie.is. Daily Motion, Veoh and Vimeo make for good alternatives too.

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:

I'm always on the lookout for alternatives to Netflix, too. So I'm interested to know what's out there as I really would rather not pay the extortionate fees for cable, which keeps churning out repeats. These ones you've listed are new to me, and worth checking out! Thanks for posting, I'll be sure to check look them up :)

10. lavenderblue

lavenderblueMember

Threads:
    Hulu is excellent for television shows, actually much better than Netflix. Their movie selection is not as great though. I tried Amazon's video selection when I had an Amazon Prime trial membership and it was less than satisfactory and the prices for individual movie rentals are absurd. I would say try free streaming sites or even Youtube and its competitive variants like Dailymotion and Vimeo. Whatever you do, be careful when searching for streaming sites as there are many virus-filled sites out there listed on Google when searching popular movies and such.

11. lisasian86

lisasian86Member

Threads:
    I use Amazon Prime and NowTV, I'm not sure if you can get them there but I think they are both better than Netflix anyway. I only use Netflix for a few months a year when there is something specific I want to watch on.

12. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There's HBO-go. It's free.

Many of the other sites which offer free streaming offer you pirated content.

I don't know about Putlocker but you can get lots of movies on the site. Is it legal? Some say it's business model is semi-legal. So as it's in a gray area, if you want to watch free movies then visit the site.