What Are You Views On Shopping At Goodwill?

Discussion in Charitable Causes started by Sunshine • Feb 1, 2015.

1. Lisa Davis

Lisa DavisActive Member

Threads:
    Our Goodwill here is extremely expensive for what they are selling. It surprised me the last time I visited. They want $12 for a pair of used jeans. That's too much! However, we have a Salvation Army thrift store here that is so much more reasonable, better stocked, and puts different items on sale every day they are open. Their prices seem to be much more reasonable to me. Unfortunately, my favorite thrift store closed, but it was a long haul for me to go to it anyway.

2. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    I have shopped at Goodwill before. And would again if they carried plus size clothing. I know people who shop at Goodwill and thrift stores and have found some really nice items. I think it is great.

3. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I love shopping at thrift stores and I can usually find some good deals. I went to one last month that was huge and it had everything half off so I got a lot of things. They had really nice clothing and it was in pretty good shape. Lots of high end brands too. Their prices were really good even without the sale. Most of the clothing I purchased looked new or not worn much. I do not like the Goodwill or the Salvation Army by me since the items are in bad condition and priced way too high for something that has stains or holes in it. I am surprised at some of the clothing they put out in that condition.

4. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    One thing I love about Goodwill is the books section! I do browse the clothing and other items, but I usually only go home with a few books. I've gotten books for like fifty cents and I actually love them! I got two of my favorite historical fiction novels for three bucks and I was stoked! Part of the reason I have so many books is because of Goodwill's low prices lol. I've also bought some cute bracelets there that were in good condition.

5. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    Over the years I have donated some very nice items to Goodwill. When I needed to clean house in a hurry. And I know some people out there were pleased. Over the years, I have also bought some nice things at Goodwill. It's a great store and a great service to the community!